Hardware With Hen and current PC parts market, is the PS4 the ultimate gaming machine now?

Gdourado

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, how are you?
I am wondering this.
For someone who just wants to play single player story driven games, I think the PS4 and Pro are now the ultimate choice.
You can get a PS4 for as much as a GTX 1050ti or a pro for as much as a 1060 6gb.
And they are ready to play if you already own a TV.
There are exclusive games and then the multiplatform games run a bit worse, most at 30fps, but still, the value.
You can download a game, play trough the 10-15 hour campaign, uninstall the game and move to the next one.
All for 250 euros.

What do you think?
Cheers!

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
These are dark times. This whole ddr4/ethereum bullshit is making pc part prices skyrocket and obviously sony is getting a part of this. The HEN has just made it worse. It is so easy to apply, and it's not difficult to find systems on the firmware needed. But who cares if it's not in the version requeried? News are coming every now and then of exploits up to 5.03. People are just feeling like throwing 250 bucks to some ps4 on the local store and sit on it until they get free content. It doesn't even feel like a waste of money in comparison to 700 bucks for a GTX1070 or 150 bucks for 16GB of the worst ddr4.

It's insane and I hope this ends up soon.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as bang for your buck I would say yes, although I would argue that xbone tends to have better deals, and the edition of Kodi really gives it an edge. The price of PC gaming right now is horrible, if you didn't catch a good deal, or used card during the holidays prices have nearly doubled. I'm really glad i snatched up the 750ti's I did at $60, they may be dated, but I'm not picky about settings at that price, and they can still run the majority of games to date.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as bang for your buck I would say yes, although I would argue that xbone tends to have better deals, and the edition of Kodi really gives it an edge. The price of PC gaming right now is horrible, if you didn't catch a good deal, or used card during the holidays prices have nearly doubled. I'm really glad i snatched up the 750ti's I did at $60, they may be dated, but I'm not picky about settings at that price, and they can still run the majority of games to date.
I have one of those, they can't run Nier: Automata on the lowest of low settings.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, no. It's subjective. I'd rather upgrade my PC than buy a PS4. That's only because there's no games that I (me, myself, personally, don't take offense) care for on that system. I actually owned one, but would prefer to game on a PC.

Also, I see GTX 1060s at or below $300 all of the time. Even with the obnoxious markups. Shop smarter.

Last edited by Kioku,

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of those, they can't run Nier: Automata on the lowest of low settings.

Well to be fair that game seems very card heavy, it's min reqs are a gtx 770, and a i3 2100, that is hardly standard pairing. If you look at RE7 which came out around the same time its mim req are a 760 and i5 4400, and can play comfortably on a 750ti with an i3.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzg7Y5Bwk4Q