Embrace the darkness within
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Currently I have a Netgear WGT624 v3 which serves me really well. However, one thing it really tick me off is the lack of QoS. Since WGT624 v3 can't be flashed with dd-wrt, I'm left with no choice but to replace it. Can anyone recommend an affordable (budget) wireless routers with QoS? No need for dual band, gigabit, USB port, or any fancy features.

It needs to have,
* QoS
* Wireless N/G 2.4GHz support (no need for dual band support)
* Reliable
* Affordable

* Ideally, being able to flashed with dd-wrt and support of IPv6

trumpet-205

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What I'm looking for is the ability to prioritized web browsing over P2P, so something like port specific.

My current router is wired to three computers. My mom's computer, part of the three, is running P2P software like Xunlei all the time. Xunlei and other Chinese based P2P are known to consume most of the network bandwidth, making me unable to browse internet at reasonable speed. I can't talk my mom out of using alternative P2P software.

I want QoS so it can prioritized web browsing and put P2P on second.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Maybe look at Buffalo WZR-HP-300NH

It what i have, I mainly got it due to Dd-wrt support, gigabit Ethernet and a USB port so I have not tried the qos features myself. I know it comes with multimedia qos in it's original firmware, and as it supports Dd-wrt you can install that and that will have qos if need be.

trumpet-205

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jamesaa said:
Maybe look at Buffalo WZR-HP-300NH

It what i have, I mainly got it due to Dd-wrt support, gigabit Ethernet and a USB port so I have not tried the qos features myself. I know it comes with multimedia qos in it's original firmware, and as it supports Dd-wrt you can install that and that will have qos if need be.
Thank you for your recommendation. I took a look at it, but found that WZR-HP-300NH is too powerful.

Currently these two routers seem to fit my bill,

* Netgear WNR2000
* Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N

Anymore recommendation? Among the list or something else? I'm somewhat torn.

EDITED

trumpet-205

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE

Just got myself an ASUS RT-N16. Originally planned to get RT-N12, but my local computer store only sells RT-N16. After being persuaded, bought and flashed it with Tomato USB. So far so good. Still messing with QoS. Will update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-