On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Hi,

Just wondering how to create a wireless access point with a D-Link DWA-510? any software i need, or do i need to buy a wireless AP adator?

or

If i cant via the above method, is it hard to create a access point if i convert the nintendo usb wifi into a soft-ap?

thanks peeps
grog.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you need to supply more info - how is the internet working ... is it using a cable ?

Have you got a cabled and wireless card on your PC ?

Have you tried connection sharing or bridging ?

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Well my internet is through mobile broadband (on usb modem)

I got ethernet & a wireless b/g D-Link DWA-510 card, though in my case the ethernet is not needed

I got connection sharing running (doing nothing btw), bridging only workd for ethernet modems so there for it will not work in my case. This type of internet only comes on usb modems so buying a new modem is also out of the question unforunatly.

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
The signal is there & can be found & locked onto by anything wifi (phones,psp etc.) but once your ready to browse the net, it cant connect to any websites but the signal is getting accessed but it just looks like its not getting passed on the pc net connection.

I need to access cydia repos & other stuff that i cant find by just using my pc connection.

So unless someone knows how to access repo's via your pc then that will help too.
smile.gif

Please obi-wan, your our only hope.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can the computer access the internet at that time? I think you might have set your ICS wrong.

Are you connected to the modem through USB?

Fusion

On/Off GBA-Temp'er
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Jiggah said:
Can the computer access the internet at that time? I think you might have set your ICS wrong.

Are you connected to the modem through USB?

The computer can browse the net, yes as its not wireless. I need the wifi card to send off the signal of the usb modem but cant, figure it out. The signal is there i attach to it but the signal dont seem to pass along that im connect to the net so it does seem like a ICS problem but i dont know where to look, i got them in the same family of ips. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays