Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

jmct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
full story - i got frankenware ( not 9,6 not 9,2 - something in the middle with half functionality)
i suggest Vann to get sky3ds ( borrow from friend maybe)
and if you got frankenware like me use this tut

https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-r...mware-w-o-upgrading-to-10-3-or-higher.413368/

I got frankenware myself when downgrading from 9.6 to 9.2. I upgraded to 10.3 by putting in my Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest cartridge - which prompts for you to update to 10.3 in order to launch the game. Once updated, I performed the downgrade again using SafeSysUpdater and it worked on the first try.

Reactions: Durig

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I got frankenware myself when downgrading from 9.6 to 9.2. I upgraded to 10.3 by putting in my Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest cartridge - which prompts for you to update to 10.3 in order to launch the game. Once updated, I performed the downgrade again using SafeSysUpdater and it worked on the first try.
Good good i must remember that, as I have a copy of Cubic Ninja so I dont need BrowserHax.....thx

David Samson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
have you tried clearing the browsers data? or maybe the firmware is wrong so its using the wrong exploit. maybe try using the url for the other exploit

Yes thank you laready tied that. Bur no resulta im going to try on another WiFi today. Is ther a way to update yo 10.3? Is iy true is safer/easier to download from 10.3?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Yes thank you laready tied that. Bur no resulta im going to try on another WiFi today. Is ther a way to update yo 10.3? Is iy true is safer/easier to download from 10.3?
you can use sysupdater to upgrade to 10.3, i have also heard the new fire emblem games come with 10.3 on them. i mostly use safesys to check the files and sysupdater to do the downgrade. but if you can get into and launch safesys again u can have it do the downgrade again

David Samson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you have ninhax, use 9.2 qrcode! i got a half dged n3ds showing 9.5, that worked for me!

No, :( I do not have ninhax, I only have browser hax and trying to install menuhax this way. Maybe a will need to try othet hack.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To be easier to boot hbl, put your date at Jan 1, 2000 and erase browser and scan qr code and repeat.

Yeah, thank you very much, actually that's the way I usde to get around de browser block the first time, but now it just doesn't seem to work any more. Can't get past the orange color.

you can use sysupdater to upgrade to 10.3, i have also heard the new fire emblem games come with 10.3 on them. i mostly use safesys to check the files and sysupdater to do the downgrade. but if you can get into and launch safesys again u can have it do the downgrade again

Yeah thank you, I guess I need someone to lend me the game hehe. Or find another hack like Ninhax.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
No, :( I do not have ninhax, I only have browser hax and trying to install menuhax this way. Maybe a will need to try othet hack.

Yeah, thank you very much, actually that's the way I usde to get around de browser block the first time, but now it just doesn't seem to work any more. Can't get past the orange color.

Yeah thank you, I guess I need someone to lend me the game hehe. Or find another hack like Ninhax.

what firmware was your 3ds on before the downgrade?

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
I think you can make browserhax work, use 9.2ropbins? this was the case with mine, i used 9.2 qrcode on 9.5 partially dged n3ds, 9.5 qr would only say "home menu ropbin is ready"
it pushes through when I use 9.2 qr

David Samson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think you can make browserhax work, use 9.2ropbins? this was the case with mine, i used 9.2 qrcode on 9.5 partially dged n3ds, 9.5 qr would only say "home menu ropbin is ready"
it pushes through when I use 9.2 qr

Thanks , I'll look for that.

Ya he could try the url for 9.2 instead of the auto qr code

OK, thank you guys, I think I was already trying autoqr, but maybe there is an issue cause the Frankenstein firmware. I'll try 9.2 address.

D

Deleted User

Took a look at the 0.9 release. Either I herped or a lot changed!

a. The downgrade steps are back (e.g Clean memory Step 5 etc..)
b. It lists actual title versions and where they're going
c. Changed installed to DONE.

Though had a bit of a heart attack this morning. Downgraded started, got about 8 CIA's in, and the screen just went black. No error or warning to turn off the console. Turned it off and was able to boot back up. SysSettings still said 10.2.0-27U but payload was 9.2.0-27U as is usual with frankenfirmware.

Just a bit of a scare, but rerunning SSU downgraded it again and was flawless after that.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Took a look at the 0.9 release. Either I herped or a lot changed!

a. The downgrade steps are back (e.g Clean memory Step 5 etc..)
b. It lists actual title versions and where they're going
c. Changed installed to DONE.

Though had a bit of a heart attack this morning. Downgraded started, got about 8 CIA's in, and the screen just went black. No error or warning to turn off the console. Turned it off and was able to boot back up. SysSettings still said 10.2.0-27U but payload was 9.2.0-27U as is usual with frankenfirmware.

Just a bit of a scare, but rerunning SSU downgraded it again and was flawless after that.
Hi ! Yes a lot of changes :) It would have been useful to get your SafeSys.log file after the failed downgrade to see on which CIA it failed. Unfortunately it was overwrited by your 2nd downgrade. I need to do something for this.

D

Deleted User

Yep :( Just realized it overwrote the file. This is a test N3DS I have so I'd be willing to do another go from 10.2.0-27U.

I know the old 0.8 used to crash on the homemenu applet (could be menuhax related) which would leave you with a 9.2 firm but locked system settings/browser. I'll give it an upgrade/downgrade again and see if I can get it to crash again.

I'm just used to seeing the "An Error has occurred" and just fixing that. Was a surprise when the screen completely blacked out.

Last edited by ,

Geraki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried downgrading from 9.6.0-23U to 9.2, crashed while downgrading, got a soft-brick and was able to get back into the menu, its still 9.6, but browserhax does not work anymore, keeps getting stuck on the orange color and kicking me out to the home menu, tried different browserhax addresses and nothing worked.

Is there anyway i could update to 10.3 without using a cart? I also have a EU version of ocarina of time so i don't think that'll work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp