Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I should be fine just following the instructions correctly?

i wasnt sure if it was user error that causes a softbrick or program error
If you wanna prevent a softbrick as much as possible just do a system format of your sysNAND before you try to downgrade via sysUpdater. And please triplecheck the files beforehand.
Oh, yea. Downgrading might be relatively safe right now, but bricking your device is always possible, so keep that in mind :)

Last edited by Noroxus,

OmegaPikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna prevent a softbrick as much as possible just do a system format of your sysNAND before you try to downgrade via sysUpdater. And please triplecheck the files beforehand.
Oh, yea. Downgrading might be relatively safe right now, but bricking your device is always possible, so keep that in mind :)

Thank you!

Vann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my n3ds which is on 9.5.0-22U. Should I upgrade to 10.3 first or is it okay to go ahead and attempt the downgrade to 9.2?

Thanks.

jmct

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my n3ds which is on 9.5.0-22U. Should I upgrade to 10.3 first or is it okay to go ahead and attempt the downgrade to 9.2?

Thanks.

Based on the post from a couple of pages back, it CAN work - but probably better to be on 10.3.

yep ( i personally downgraded 9.5 o3ds and 9.6 n3ds, but read that n3ds better to be 10.3 though)

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. I thought that might be the case.
Well NATIVE_FIRM 10.2 seems to be more stable with the downgrading process, but updating to 10.3 and downgrading from there isnt smart at all. I mean cmon if you use SysUpdater to upgrade to 10.3, you are exploiting NATIVE_FIRM 9.2 anyways so point does it make to risk a brick twice instead of straight up downgrading?

lol....

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
would like to confirm that the new .9 release is very stable, it worked 3/5 attempts on new3ds which is know to have low boot rates.

*used latest starter zip hbldr, on a partially dg'ed system (9.5 with some 9.2 files), my third attempt I used ninjhax and booted right of the bat, dg'ed away and I' m safe and sound @ 9.2.20u

David Samson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Suck at half downgrade, got a N3dsXl with 9.9, it was very, VERY HARD to enter HBL (because of a browser block or something, any way, found a way around it) made it to sysupdate always getting the fail error, so, tried several time with no results and decided to try SafeSysUpdate, opened with no issue and made a file check three times, so decided to preceed to downgrade, got stuck at the half downgrade got black screen when starting with SD, removed SD ect ect, formatted everything and started again, now I can´t get past de color changing screen in lower screen when using browserhax, ALWAYS stock on orange, then takes me back to home screen.... tried for hours, don´t know what to do.

Hope someone can help me.

Already downgraded O3ds before with no issues. Now i just can´t seem to get through the orange screen and back to home.

Actual console state:
N3ds 9.9.0-26U
no menuhax, no anything... no CFW :'(

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Suck at half downgrade, got a N3dsXl with 9.9, it was very, VERY HARD to enter HBL (because of a browser block or something, any way, found a way around it) made it to sysupdate always getting the fail error, so, tried several time with no results and decided to try SafeSysUpdate, opened with no issue and made a file check three times, so decided to preceed to downgrade, got stuck at the half downgrade got black screen when starting with SD, removed SD ect ect, formatted everything and started again, now I can´t get past de color changing screen in lower screen when using browserhax, ALWAYS stock on orange, then takes me back to home screen.... tried for hours, don´t know what to do.

Already downgraded O3ds before with no issues. Now i just can´t seem to get through the orange screen and back to home.

Actual console state:
N3ds 9.9.0-26U

have you tried clearing the browsers data? or maybe the firmware is wrong so its using the wrong exploit. maybe try using the url for the other exploit

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country

Actual console state:
N3ds 9.9.0-26U
if you have ninhax, use 9.2 qrcode! i got a half dged n3ds showing 9.5, that worked for me!

KytuzuEX

Recreate your Re:Creators by Recreating.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

Actual console state:
N3ds 9.9.0-26U
To be easier to boot hbl, put your date at Jan 1, 2000 and erase browser and scan qr code and repeat.

Durig

OMGWTFBBQ
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: freaky versio- clean version