Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Cosmic_Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I know, you have to set up oot3dhax using an other hack method (such as ninjhax, browserhax, menuhax, etc).. (You only have to do this once).. What it does to set up the oot3dhax method is it writes a modified (hacked) save file to one of the slots for the zelda game.. That is the hard thing about setting up oot3dhax: getting the hacked save file written..

In the starter-kit archive file for homebrew-launcher, there is actually a homebrew app in there called "sploit_installer-oot3dhax" or some thing like that, so you should see it as soon as you are in the homebrew launcher with out having to install it seperately.. It automates much of the process of setting up the oot3dhax.. But to use it you need to have an internet connection (only once) so it can download the correct zelda save file for your type of system, and you need to have the zelda game its self..

There are a couple of other possible ways if you have like a previous-generation DS or other stuff.. The methods are detailed here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-oot3dhax.396339

Yeah, I guessed that was the case.

Installing the Zelda Hack to the cart is no issue. I have another console to do that with, I just don't have the game to do it with yet. >.< Just wanted to make sure it's as easy as just running Sysupdater again to finish the downgrade to 9.2 or whether I should update to another Firmware first then try the downgrade again? It's a lot cheaper for me to get a U.S. OoT than to get a U.S. Cubic Ninja.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to downgrade over 10 times with an O3DS 10.3 but it keeps freezing after pressing Y.

I've used this to downgrade a 9.9 2DS and a 9.4 N3DS with no issues. Neither one was updated to 10.3 beforehand.

KaiserReich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im trying to downgrade my 10.1 n3ds and after pressing Y nothing happens just get a small red like to the Left any help ?

KaiserReich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the downgrading in my N3DS seems to have been a success the only issue is that the 3DS gets black screen if i try using the Micro SD with all my games

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
We have found using safesysupdater causes softbricks on n3ds suggested to use the 0.4.2b version
Huh? Where'd you find that? SafeSysUpdater is the exact same code as sysUpdater (with the exclusion of the latest source, which is a complete rewrite), just with MD5 and region and console checks. There's no reason the current version attached in the OP would be more risky than the latest sysUpdater. Besides, many of us have updated our N3DS's just fine, even me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/lead-poisoning/cinnamon-recall-lead-poisoning?&utm_source=sfmc&...