Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

Emenaria

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
- The 9.2 JPN package is in fact a 9.1 package, no problem with this..
Does this mean that it's not possible to upgrade/downgrade to 9.2.0-20J with SafeSysUpdater?
So, I tried to downgrade my N3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 with a 9.2.0-20J package(MD5:f46677696ed4bf0e182de5a8168b7542). It was successful, but I ended up with a 9.1.0-20J SysNAND.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-list-of-known-bricks-due-to-an-attempt-to-downgrade-to-9-2.407920/
According to this thread, the MD5 hash for the N3DS 9.2.0-20J package is f46677696ed4bf0e182de5a8168b7542, but isn't it actually a 9.1.0-20J package? (if this is the case, then what's the MD5 hash for the real 9.2.0-20J package?)
Anyway, is there any way to upgrade/downgrade to actual 9.2.0-20J using SafeSysUpdater? If not, could you please fix the MD5 check program some time in the future?
I know it's not a big deal since there's hardly any difference between 9.1 and 9.2. It's just my preference to have the most generally-used, highest available firmware installed on my consoles. :)

-EDIT-
Nevermind. Found out that it shows 9.1 but it's actually 9.2 that is installed. This issue seems to only occur in JP N3DS.

Last edited by Emenaria,

128bit_benny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's just my preference to have the most generally-used, highest available firmware installed on my consoles. :)
Looks like SafeyUpdater Checks for 9.1 md5 sums for japan consoles i believe. You could just use the "normal" SysUpdater and update to 9.2.
But to be honest, you dont want to risk bricking your N3DS just for updating to 9.2 if youre already on 9.1.
Get emunand, reinand cfw and update the emunand to 10.4. :)

Last edited by 128bit_benny,

TheReturningVoid

0xAAAAAAAA
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats changing in the next version? Worth waiting for with an n3ds <10.3?
Looking at the GitHub repository, it seems to be a complete rewrite of the application, to the point where it isn't even a fork of sysupdater anymore; it's all new code. Hopefully it's more optimised and generally better :D

i hate pink dots so much

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much for this! Just downgraded my fathers old 3DS from 10.3 to 9.2 without any softbrick or error. But I´m still to afraid too downgrade my New 3DS, so I will wait for Gateway

nightweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi guys sorry for being noobish but to 3DS things I am, I was just wondering I'm not good with soldering and don't know anyone who is, I successfully downgraded my 2DS from 10.3 to 9.2 and installed EmuNAND and rxtools to boot it, and I want to do the same with my N3DS as it's the one I carry around with me and my little pet project at the moment, ( I plan to customize the outside too). I read that lots of people are having success Downgrading and other are bricking their consoles, my 3DS on Firmware 9.5.0.23E and my ultimate goal is to have it auto-boot in rxtools, then in EmuNAND have all my Cartridge games installed on the SD and have the Homebrew Launcher. I was wondering if SafeSysUpdater is consider safe enough to use, I ran it and checked all my files and the passed fine.

any advice would be most welcome

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
If I have the row of pink dots in the bottom left of the upper screen after ressing Y, does it mean i Have to restart? Because the activity led does blink once in a while.

manlego

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I have the row of pink dots in the bottom left of the upper screen after ressing Y, does it mean i Have to restart? Because the activity led does blink once in a while.
yeah you should, i had them a lot of times before i could succefully downgrade, which i did just a few minutes ago

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Worked first time on US N3DSXL on 10.3, with Ironfall as entrypoint. Downgrade went just fine on that. Yay!

Currently getting pink dots almost every time I attempt a downgrade on an O3DS on 9.9. It was able to launch itself sometimes, but crashes at a random cia MD5 check: first on 0004001000021200.cia, then 0004001000021500.cia, then 0004001000021A00.cia, etc. etc.
I considered downloading sysUpdater to skip the MD5 checks, since the check files options claims everything's good to go, but I imagine this is due to memchunkhax2's instability and a crash mid-install in sysUpdater would be disastrous.

-- EDIT --

Just got it to work somehow. Nothing was done differently, but this time it didn't crash while checking MD5 hashes, and luckily didn't crash while installing system titles either.

Like it happened on my N3DSXL and on my O3DSXL, though, the attempt to reboot at the end failed.

Last edited by spoonm, , Reason: Worked!

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
i'm on 10.2 if i update, will it be 10.3 or jump straight to 10.4?

If you update through System Settings, you will go straight to 10.4. DO NOT update.

There shouldn't be a higher risk of getting a soft brick going to 9.2 from 10.2. Some threads state that downgrading from the [9.3, 10.1] range to 9.2 is risky, but I'm not sure about 10.2. If your options are to downgrade or to update, I say go with the former.

I just downgraded an O3DS from 9.9 to 9.2, though it did crash sometimes during MD5 hash checking.

Last edited by spoonm, , Reason: Added some more information not to make the post pointless.

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I use it to simply verify an updates pack on a lower firmware (6.0.0)?

If you press A, you can check the update files' MD5 hashes against 9.2 ones. You won't need to flash them if you don't want to.

-- EDIT --

If you meant verifying 6.0.0 .cia's for integrity, I believe the answer is no. This is meant to check file hashes against [N3DS/O3DS] 9.2.0-20U's, as far as I know.

Last edited by spoonm, , Reason: Maybe he meant the other thing. Who knows?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==