Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

MurdererFight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So far anyone who downgraded with this method have found signs of incomplete downgrade or the firmware is totally functional?.

I don't know why but Ironfall doesn't work anymore, so i have Browserhax (Sliderhax) and Menuhax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When I use it. It just say init and then crashes. On o3ds on 10.3.028U
Strange.. where is the safesysupdater? The folder have the name "SafeSysUpdater"?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but Ironfall doesn't work anymore, so i have Browserhax (Sliderhax) and Menuhax

Strange.. where is the safesysupdater? The folder have the name "SafeSysUpdater"?
Ironfall doesn't work below 9.5 or something like that.

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the newer build it fixed the freezing error i encountered on build 5, n3ds now downgraded and custom firmware setup, much appreciated ☺

Ace001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does checking update integrity ->FAIL mean (or something like that?) Thing is i already downgraded two other 3DS units properly with those. What to do?..

EDIT: I forgot to mention that i was checking the files the Safesysupdater

Last edited by Ace001,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Update to 10.3, install menuhax, launch HB menu from there then latest safesysupdater (you put safesysupdater version 08 to /3ds/ folder). It worked for everyone. Last thing to try, format system.

What does checking update integrity ->FAIL mean (or something like that?) Thing is i already downgraded two other 3DS units properly with those. What to do?..
Wrong update package / copied in the wrong place / corrupted copy. Delete the updates folder and copy again ! (SafeSysUpdater maybe just saved your week :) )

Last edited by cpasjuste,

MurdererFight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update to 10.3, install menuhax, launch HB menu from there then latest safesysupdater (you put safesysupdater version 08 to /3ds/ folder). It worked for everyone. Last thing to try, format system.

Wrong update package / copied on the wrong place / corrupted copy. Delete the updates folder and copy again !

Why? I downgraded to 9.2 just now

MurdererFight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
anyone who downgraded with this system could try some of these things to see if the downgrade was complete?:

"1. When you're installing CFW, PastaCFW + Minipasta run a blackscreen and freeze, or they kick you back to HBL. When you try to run FBI to confirm if it worked, it will still say invalid signature on CIAs. This is a sign of an incomplete downgrade as the signature patch cannot be done.

2. Your browser version is the same as your old FW you were on, and in some cases makes the browser inaccessible to the following error: "The Internet Browser is not usuable at this time." Which would mean the auto page for browserhax won't work, but with some fooling around I did find a way around this, but you're better off just updating to 10.3 and repeating the downgrade process because it will give you the issue from #1

3. CFW like Rxtools.3dsx + ReiNand.3dsx + Gateway Tools and such will immediately kick you back to HBL, without even giving an error like "No Emunand present!"

4. When you run Sysupdater to redo it, it will do the downgrade process, but only install 20 or less files before saying "NATIVE FARM: Installed." Also a sign of another incomplete downgrade. When you run it again it can also say it's installing, but not install anything and complete.

5. If the first time you run Sysupdater and it only installs a couple files and does "NDS needs to be powered off" error, this also means you've got an incomplete downgrade.

6. Being able to run Ironfall Invasion, aka Ironhax on 9.2 after a downgrade is also a sign of an incomplete downgrade, as it will never go past the 3DS w/ Nintendo logo on 9.2 due to Ironfall being incompatible with 9.2 (Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is what people have been saying)"

6. Same

So.. incomplete downgrade??

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
anyone who downgraded with this system could try some of these things to see if the downgrade was complete?:

"1. When you're installing CFW, PastaCFW + Minipasta run a blackscreen and freeze, or they kick you back to HBL. When you try to run FBI to confirm if it worked, it will still say invalid signature on CIAs. This is a sign of an incomplete downgrade as the signature patch cannot be done.
2. Your browser version is the same as your old FW you were on, and in some cases makes the browser inaccessible to the following error: "The Internet Browser is not usuable at this time." Which would mean the auto page for browserhax won't work, but with some fooling around I did find a way around this, but you're better off just updating to 10.3 and repeating the downgrade process because it will give you the issue from #1

3. CFW like Rxtools.3dsx + ReiNand.3dsx + Gateway Tools and such will immediately kick you back to HBL, without even giving an error like "No Emunand present!"

4. When you run Sysupdater to redo it, it will do the downgrade process, but only install 20 or less files before saying "NATIVE FARM: Installed." Also a sign of another incomplete downgrade. When you run it again it can also say it's installing, but not install anything and complete.

5. If the first time you run Sysupdater and it only installs a couple files and does "NDS needs to be powered off" error, this also means you've got an incomplete downgrade.

6. Being able to run Ironfall Invasion, aka Ironhax on 9.2 after a downgrade is also a sign of an incomplete downgrade, as it will never go past the 3DS w/ Nintendo logo on 9.2 due to Ironfall being incompatible with 9.2 (Correct me if i'm wrong, but this is what people have been saying)"
All this is due to using incomplete update pack (not full), which this application prevent. The "5." is, for me, caused when your not downgrading from 9.5 (or maybe instability but it didn't occurs yet here (but people did upgrade to 10.3 as said in topic.)

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tried it out, the update files were good, but when i try to downgrade the screen goes black with a very small line on the bottom-left of the top screen. any help? I'm on O3DS, on 10.3E downgrading to 9.2E.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1