Homebrew [WIP] rehid:- Button remapping for 3ds

Sodaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I love the idea of this, but it doesn't seem to be working quite right in Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes.
When using Dpad to Cpad, the dpad does move link, but it also still moves the camera too.
Also, the movement isn't straight up down left right, all directions are slightly askew, which kinda defeats the purpose.
Is there anyway to get this working correctly?

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I love the idea of this, but it doesn't seem to be working quite right in Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes.
When using Dpad to Cpad, the dpad does move link, but it also still moves the camera too.
Also, the movement isn't straight up down left right, all directions are slightly askew, which kinda defeats the purpose.
Is there anyway to get this working correctly?
Could you paste your rehid.json file here?

Sodaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Could you paste your rehid.json file here?
Sure.
I had to zip it as gbatemp didn't want to accept a .json file.
The only thing in it is dpad to cpad though, I "made" it with the remap builder site.

Attachments

• rehid.zip
    173 bytes · Views: 134

Sodaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That config stopped the dpad from moving the camera at the same time, but the directions are still askew for some reason.
For clarification, the movement directions on the dpad are consistently rotated slightly anti-clockwise, like this: Untitled-1.jpg

Edit: I managed to get a recording of the game, this is how the dpad movement acts.

Last edited by Sodaman,

agentducky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the reason it doesn't work for ds mode? I've popped over here to figure out why it wasn't working in twilight menu and found my answer, but is this like a never gonna happen or maybe someday someone will figure out how to get it to work thing? Any chance there's a work around for me being able to play ds games with a remapped r button?
Also thank you for giving me back my r button for everything else!

Last edited by agentducky,

BuTsu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, sorry for the bother, but when I installed rehid with rehid helper, and then reboot the 3ds, I got the error: "an exception occurred; Arm11 (core 1); data abort; translation-section; hid (0004013000001D02)". I can boot the 3ds when I disable the game patching tho.

Reactions: Vandal101

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi, sorry for the bother, but when I installed rehid with rehid helper, and then reboot the 3ds, I got the error: "an exception occurred; Arm11 (core 1); data abort; translation-section; hid (0004013000001D02)". I can boot the 3ds when I disable the game patching tho.
Show me your rehid.json file and a photo of the crash screen.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That config stopped the dpad from moving the camera at the same time, but the directions are still askew for some reason.
For clarification, the movement directions on the dpad are consistently rotated slightly anti-clockwise, like this:View attachment 273708

Edit: I managed to get a recording of the game, this is how the dpad movement acts.

Seems lika a calibration issue. Have you ever calibrated your circlepad?

Sodaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems lika a calibration issue. Have you ever calibrated your circlepad?
I tried calibrating it now, but that didn't change anything.
The circle pad is behaving correctly and isn't misaligned, it's just binding the cpad to the dpad in this game.
If I knew any other cpad-only movement games I could try those, but it seems like something specific to triforce heroes.

Vandal101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I'm afraid I have a similar issue, fresh install, no json files, crash on boot.
Here is a crash dump:

Attachments

• crash_dump_00000008.zip
    514 bytes · Views: 92

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm afraid I have a similar issue, fresh install, no json files, crash on boot.
Here is a crash dump:
Completely remove rehid, delete the "rehid" folder, and delete any folder in "/luma/titles" and do a fresh install. Ensure you have the latest luma and latest rehid build.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I tried calibrating it now, but that didn't change anything.
The circle pad is behaving correctly and isn't misaligned, it's just binding the cpad to the dpad in this game.
If I knew any other cpad-only movement games I could try those, but it seems like something specific to triforce heroes.
Here, run this program and it will display a set of values, send those to me.

Attachments

• read-controls.zip
    93.4 KB · Views: 99

Cherrypop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a question. I used the code on your gitbub page, and the L to ZL conversion worked fine, but the R to ZR did not? Is there something wrong with the code or could it be my 3ds?

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello, I have a question. I used the code on your gitbub page, and the L to ZL conversion worked fine, but the R to ZR did not? Is there something wrong with the code or could it be my 3ds?
If one thing works and use the set of tools I suggested on my github, the other should work too. This is most likely a user error.

TrebleDamage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Kartik. Thanks for making this. My home button is broken, so I am hoping to do a permanent remap of home to Y+X. I see from the recent release notes that home is now supported, but I don't see the proper syntax. Is it just HOME? Also, I see how to remap for individual games, but how to I do it systemwide so I can remap home in all instances? Do I just put the .json in the rehid directory (and not in a directory for a particular titleid)?

EDIT: I figured it out. For those who see this and have the same question: the syntax is "homebutton". The entire .json line should just read "{"homebutton":"Y+X"}". It should be stored in the rehid directory in the root of the SD card. Easiest way is to do it is to install the rehidhelper.3dsx app and configure the home button swap under the "general options" section of the 3ds remap builder tool. Then use the rehidhelper app to scan the QR code. Once the code is accepted, you will be able to select any particular title, or scroll all the way to the right and select the tile with the "G" to apply globally.

Last edited by TrebleDamage,

seall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm having problems getting the circlepad pro buttons to work, but I can remap the other buttons just fine (e.g. I can remap L to DUP, but things such as ZR to R don't work). Any solutions?

Gabo007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I need help. So, my circlepad broke and while it still """works""" it's just so stiff it's hard to do much :P. So I tried swaping it with the d-pad (so that: d-pad -> circlepad -- circlepad ->d-pad), and that's when problems arrive. Either they both function as each other, or don't function at all (no inputs detected). I would like to still be able to use the functions of the d-pad (like swapping tools or moving the camera in AC), so if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp