ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
This is awesome, I always have trouble with the items and armour skills in Japanese, so a translation for these will be a godsend.
Thanks a lot for your work.

Not official, but taking 4U into account it's guaranteed.

Actually, considering this game has no G-rank, there's a good chance this won't come to the west if there is a plan for a MHXG.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The goal will not be to translate every NPC dialog, but most, if not all menus, skills, items, weapons and descriptions.

Glad to see someone is going to translate this title, not seen many translations for 3DS titles so far, could be because it was a pain till recently since you had to have CFW where as now its just a matter of HANS and various entry points still work on the newest Firmware.

NPC Dialog really isn't needed in a MH game IMO so no need to waste time on it, at least not at first once the core aspect that let you play the game without hassle are in then maybe.

Imagine the Proof of Concept stuff was done with the Demo? doesn't seem like a simple Photoshop edit to show it off.

I just wish smea fix the C-Stick on hans so I could apply the patch and play normally

Doesn't seem like something smea is going to fix, not any time soon anyway, I mean he released the source to HANS since he doesn't have as much time any more, down to someone else at this point to go through the code and get that C-Stick supported.[/QUOTE]

Zouiguipopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah just need translation for quest, monster, items etc, 90% of dialog is not important ! i hope the translation will be fast ! Thanks You for all ! i hope lots of people can help you !
but how to use this translation ? what we need ? a .3DZ ? .cia ?

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just need translation for quest, monster, items etc, 90% of dialog is not important ! i hope the translation will be fast ! Thanks You for all ! i hope lots of people can help you !
but how to use this translation ? what we need ? a .3DZ ? .cia ?
The way he puts it in the opening post implies that retail card importers will be able to use it, so probably NTR plugin and HANS patching.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Imagine the Proof of Concept stuff was done with the Demo? doesn't seem like a simple Photoshop edit to show it off.
Yes, the Proof of Concept was done with the Demo ;)

The way he puts it in the opening post implies that retail card importers will be able to use it, so probably NTR plugin and HANS patching.

Yeah, that's the plan. Someone is probably going to repack it as a cia.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, considering this game has no G-rank, there's a good chance this won't come to the west if there is a plan for a MHXG.
Because patterns can NEVER be broken.
Borrowing heavily from the internet right now but...
"Guys. It's not a pattern for Japan to get both versions, with us only getting the better one. It happened once. Why does everybody think it's some trend now?

I'm talking about the people who say we have to wait for the better version to be localized. That has only happened once, there really isn't a basis for it."
"[another poster] was suggesting that they usually skip the base game and only give us the G game, which isn't true.
We did get MHF1, though, which was a pretty close port of MHG"

Monster Hunter > Monster Hunter G > Monster Hunter Portable/Freedom
Monster Hunter 2/Dos > Monster Hunter Portable 2nd/Freedom 2 > Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G/Freedom Unite
Monster Hunter 3/Tri
> Monster Hunter Portable 3rd > Monster Hunter 3G/Ultimate
Monster Hunter 4 > Monster Hunter 4G/Ultimate
Marked in bold are the games that were released in the US.

Last edited by henn64,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked there was no plans for a g/ultimate version of MHX. Could have changed since that was last month, but still I imagine they'll just release the original version outside Japan if they release it at all.

Reactions: henn64

Silvius78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Important question, do the patch will work with digital copy of the game from eshop if i use ninjhax via sky3DS ?

Thanks for the work btw.

Edit : I'm on 10.3 on my JP 3ds with the digital copy of MHX preloaded and cubic ninja at my disposal

Last edited by Silvius78,

Zouiguipopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have a New 3DS XL in 9.0E and i have Gateway so i can play with .3DZ or install .Cia (and i have the modifier OoT Save) it's go or i need to install something ?
Thanks !

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is a full translation definitely not gonna happen, or is it just not a priority at the moment? Should the game not be localized, it would be nice to get the full experience.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game contains monsters / items and so on we already know from previous versions.

MH never had a big story, even this will be ready fast. Whats the big difference in X anyway?

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer that the patch maker take their time and translate as much as possible. Yeah, the story in MH games is throwaway stuff, but it's still pretty jarring reading everything in English and then having Japanese pop up in a window :P . Plus I remember my experience when playing a translated copy of MH Portable 3rd. Pretty much everything was translated to English, save for the tutorials. Those were still completely in Japanese and it was my very first time playing a MH game. Needless to say I had a rocky start XD

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks great, I hope the patch would be similar to how FE Fates work, where I can patch it myself and choose to build a 3ds or cia from there. This way, repatching the updated English patch is easier. At least for me than downloading an already packed cia everytime an update is made, just imagine the size of this game, it's probably at least 2.5gb.

Also, I don't know why people have to debate whether MHX will come out in the West, just wait for Capcom's announcement of localization. No point in blabbering on speculations. Now MHX is real and this patch is also real. I'm more than happy. There are so many options on how to get this game imported and how to play this on 3ds for anyone who can't wait.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks great, I hope the patch would be similar to how FE Fates work, where I can patch it myself and choose to build a 3ds or cia from there. This way, repatching the updated English patch is easier. At least for me than downloading an already packed cia everytime an update is made, just imagine the size of this game, it's probably at least 2.5gb.

Also, I don't know why people have to debate whether MHX will come out in the West, just wait for Capcom's announcement of localization. No point in blabbering on speculations. Now MHX is real and this patch is also real. I'm more than happy. There are so many options on how to get this game imported and how to play this on 3ds for anyone who can't wait.
I know what you mean. Every time Project M updates I get to take the easy way out and just update a bunch of files in an SD card, or at worst compile my own ROM from the updates. Unfortunately I've tried to compile 3DS .CIAs up, down, left, right and sideways and they always die during the procedure or fail to boot. Dunno why. So while releasing the loose files for updating is always a good call, repacks of the game in .CIA and .3DS format are extremely appreciated from those of us who just can't seem to get the various tools to work, despite hard effort.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
I know what you mean. Every time Project M updates I get to take the easy way out and just update a bunch of files in an SD card, or at worst compile my own ROM from the updates. Unfortunately I've tried to compile 3DS .CIAs up, down, left, right and sideways and they always die during the procedure or fail to boot. Dunno why. So while releasing the loose files for updating is always a good call, repacks of the game in .CIA and .3DS format are extremely appreciated from those of us who just can't seem to get the various tools to work, despite hard effort.
Hmm the CIA failing to build is commonly a computer problem, it happens to me because my ram is pretty small. I think that's it. So I mostly use .3ds because I won't have to install it each time an update is made, just plug it and go after patching. So far after knowing that, I haven't had any problem with patching the game. What's tricky for me is using HANS. Been pulling hair for that to work with update patches. I've lost a lot of hair. XD I also live in a place where internet is as humanly slow as possible...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1