ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really nice dasding. Really appreciate your hard work. c:
Keep up the good work, can´t wait to see the game (almost) fully translated. : ]

And i´ve got lucky, downgraded my MH4U N3DS. c;

Last edited by Zephir1991,
Reactions: bomigoton

Aallaaniaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Install prepatched 1.0 cia then install 1.1 cia. Usual site

Will it not convert back to japanese if you install the official 1.1 as the last thing?
Sorry if i'm being silly, or confusing anyone - Including myself.

EDIT: Bonus question, here goes
In your very first post you state that
NTR Plugin Method:
recommended, requires NTR CFW 3.1, n3ds and eshop version or cia
But in the NTR CFW thread here on GBATemp it says their CFW only support original game cartridges. Do they mean that you can't use Sky3DS(+) and Gateway to simulate a cartridge?¨

EDIT2: Typo

Last edited by Aallaaniaq,

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I´ve used the Steveice10 Version. But I would suggest you use the most recent version now. But i´ve got no clue which one it is.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Does the NTR method work with physical carts?

I think not, but you can just use cia.

Will it not convert back to japanese if you install the official 1.1 as the last thing?
Sorry if i'm being silly, or confusing anyone - Including myself.

EDIT: Bonus question, here goes
In your very first post you state that

But in the NTR CFW thread here on GBATemp it says their CFW only support original game cartridges. Do they mean that you can't use Sky3DS(+) and Gateway to simulate a cartridge?¨

EDIT2: Typo

No if you install a prepatched cia and install 1.1 over it it will NOT revert back to japanese.

You can't install cia's when in NTR cfw, but can install them beforehand, then launch NTR cfw and launch the previously installed cia.

I have the following setup:
9.2 N3DS
sysNAND: menuhax ->CtrBootManager->rxTools (emuNAND)
emuNAND: FBI, BootNTR, MHX

i use NTR method so i just had to install vanilla cias once with FBI. Now i just boot my n3ds into emuNAND->BootNTR->MHX.
when i do a new patch i just have to replace the mhx folder.

Last edited by dasding,

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys, I know this isn't the right thread but since there are only players of X here, it avoids me to create a new topic...

Just started the game, bushido style SNS. I mapped ZR and ZL to art 2 and 3, and saw there is a shortcut to do the first one, being absolute evade for now for me, what is it exactly? Did it by luck, seemed like ZL+ZR+ two other buttons my I don't know which. Also, is there a shortcut to kick/special attack? I want to avoid touch screen as much as possible

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I know this isn't the right thread but since there are only players of X here, it avoids me to create a new topic...

Just started the game, bushido style SNS. I mapped ZR and ZL to art 2 and 3, and saw there is a shortcut to do the first one, being absolute evade for now for me, what is it exactly? Did it by luck, seemed like ZL+ZR+ two other buttons my I don't know which. Also, is there a shortcut to kick/special attack? I want to avoid touch screen as much as possible

(corrected) R+B+A to execute your 1st Hunter Arts.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So to clarify, v8 in Cia form is safe to use online?
As it should be using you system header right?

Nothing is completely 'safe'. However, using a CIA is a better idea than using a 3DS with a public header online. But nothing is guaranteed to not get you banned except playing a japanese retail copy on a japanese 3DS. That is safe.

Last edited by poisonousj,

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
R+X+A to execute your 1st Hunter Arts.

Nothing is completely 'safe'. However, using a CIA is a better idea than using a 3DS with a public header online. But nothing is guaranteed to not get you banned except playing a japanese retail copy on a japanese 3DS. That is safe.

Small correction, R+X+A to do the special attack, and R+X+A+B to do the special art

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a bit confused on what happened but my chat is also translated, I do prefer the Japanese chat so I can show respect to random player that come into my room or who's room I join. Is there any way to patch that back to Japanese in maybe a small update? Ex. when I get pinned down it says "Pinch"

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
I am a bit confused on what happened but my chat is also translated, I do prefer the Japanese chat so I can show respect to random player that come into my room or who's room I join. Is there any way to patch that back to Japanese in maybe a small update? Ex. when I get pinned down it says "Pinch"
Somehow it was missed when we wanted to revert back to japanese. It's in japanese in v9.

Reactions: Blyzzard30

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just noticed that this games save is now stored in te SD card instead of the game cartridge, is it posible to backup the save with this method?

I think this is the first game I see that makes this instead of saving in the cartridge itself, seems I can't play it in any other 3DS

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Small correction, R+X+A to do the special attack, and R+X+A+B to do the special art
It's R+A+B to do your first Hunter Art.

I just noticed that this games save is now stored in te SD card instead of the game cartridge, is it posible to backup the save with this method?

I think this is the first game I see that makes this instead of saving in the cartridge itself, seems I can't play it in any other 3DS

Fantasy Life also saved on your SD card. You can use SaveDataFiler and backup the file 000154 under ExData.

Last edited by justln,

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i install the cfw on a new 3ds 10.3.0.28

also what are all the ways to get the 1.1 update on a new 3ds 10.3.0.28
btw its a north american new 3ds

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's R+A+B to do your first Hunter Art.

Fantasy Life also saved on your SD card. You can use SaveDataFiler and backup the file 000154 under ExData.
Ah sorry, didn't try it very much but thanks for the info. I think three buttons is more than enough, four buttons shortcut seemed very weird.

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow it was missed when we wanted to revert back to japanese. It's in japanese in v9.
Thank you very much! I feel like a dickhead when Japanese players join and say hi and I just ignore it because I don't want to talk to them in English. I tried to reset the first one but can't find all of the kanji lol.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
how do i install the cfw on a new 3ds 10.3.0.28

also what are all the ways to get the 1.1 update on a new 3ds 10.3.0.28
btw its a north american new 3ds
Downgrade to 9.2, setup emunand and search for the 1.1 update as cia file and install it.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
im trying to downgrade to 9.2 but it keeps saying failed and it cant fine CIA info
same here.
will try this today:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-106#post-5924376

Edit 12pm CET:
I know this is not directly patch related, but as the downgrade is a needed step to use the patch (and also is mentioned in the first post) we could argue if it belongs here or not.
I searched for a solution for my "main.cpp:148 .... Failed to get CIA file info!" error message when trying to downgrade, and the post I linked above in the downgrade thread was reported to fix this issue, when you follow the detailed instructions exactly.

Last edited by bomigoton,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1