ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Many armor and weapon names are left untranslated. Would also be nice if the hunter arts and hunting styles were readable.

You mean the descriptions? What for? We already know exactly what Hunter Arts and Hunting Styles do.
For the armor/weapon names I agree, lets hope somebody continues with the translations, but even if they don't I won't be bothered as they are not important gameplay wise.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the descriptions? What for? We already know exactly what Hunter Arts and Hunting Styles do.
For the armor/weapon names I agree, lets hope somebody continues with the translations, but even if they don't I won't be bothered as they are not important gameplay wise.
No, I mean the weapon and armor names. "Hey, what armor do you have?" "Japanese squiggles" Oh, ok... Hey, what weapon is that?" "More japanese squiggles" "I see... What does it upgrade from?" "Even MORE Japanese squiggles!"

Reactions: Gyonosaur

Talexius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, I mean the weapon and armor names. "Hey, what armor do you have?" "Japanese squiggles" Oh, ok... Hey, what weapon is that?" "More japanese squiggles" "I see... What does it upgrade from?" "Even MORE Japanese squiggles!"

Just say the monster's name it comes from. "What weapon is that? GS Ember Dinovaldo, etc."

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions...

Nobody's working on this anymore?
And
Is the game completely playable with this patch even if you know no Japanese whatsoever?

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually new to this myself so sorry for this noobish question. Now for instructions, it says to download the NTR plugin and what not and follow the instructions from there. However, my question is... Is that NTR plugin itself the CFW I need to be able to do this? I guess what I'm asking is, do I need to have some sort of CFW already set up on my japanese 3ds before I even attempt anything on this page? Or by following the directions on this page, do I also end up installing the CFW I need. Sorry, the instructions themselves are a little vague. I'm not asking for directions as to how to install the CFW, just whether or not it's something that needs to be done before I do anything here.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually new to this myself so sorry for this noobish question. Now for instructions, it says to download the NTR plugin and what not and follow the instructions from there. However, my question is... Is that NTR plugin itself the CFW I need to be able to do this? I guess what I'm asking is, do I need to have some sort of CFW already set up on my japanese 3ds before I even attempt anything on this page? Or by following the directions on this page, do I also end up installing the CFW I need. Sorry, the instructions themselves are a little vague. I'm not asking for directions as to how to install the CFW, just whether or not it's something that needs to be done before I do anything here.
It's just a plugin, you still need to install the NTR CFW here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntr-cfw-3-2-with-experimental-real-time-save-feature.385142/

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man.. I am so utterly confused. I thought it'd be easy since my Japanese 3ds was version 7. something. Figured I'd just need to download NTR 3.1 and install it, then, then the stuff on this page. However I now see stuff about Emunand and sysnand, and that NTR CFW is only for the NEW 3ds, which I don't have. Well, I have a US new 3ds, but it's version is 10.something. My japanese 3ds is the "old" 3ds. Now I don't know if I can even use this patch. Could someone tell me if it is indeed impossible for me to use this translation patch? I have a retail copy of Monster Hunter X coming in the mail today.

So, my tools are a Japanese 3ds (Not a NEW 3ds) at version 7.1.0-16j and the actual cartridge of MHX. Is it still possible for me to use the patch?

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the heck is the Google Sheets for? It looks like it's in the Downloads section. I click on it and it just brings up a spread sheet with japanese to english translations for the game. Is this something In need to download and somehow install??

Flowey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man.. I am so utterly confused. I thought it'd be easy since my Japanese 3ds was version 7. something. Figured I'd just need to download NTR 3.1 and install it, then, then the stuff on this page. However I now see stuff about Emunand and sysnand, and that NTR CFW is only for the NEW 3ds, which I don't have. Well, I have a US new 3ds, but it's version is 10.something. My japanese 3ds is the "old" 3ds. Now I don't know if I can even use this patch. Could someone tell me if it is indeed impossible for me to use this translation patch? I have a retail copy of Monster Hunter X coming in the mail today.

So, my tools are a Japanese 3ds (Not a NEW 3ds) at version 7.1.0-16j and the actual cartridge of MHX. Is it still possible for me to use the patch?

Download the prepatched CIA on THAT website. The retail copy is useless to you for now, unless you have homebrew on the N3DS and want to play the retail copy in Japanese.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the prepatched CIA on THAT website. The retail copy is useless to you for now, unless you have homebrew on the N3DS and want to play the retail copy in Japanese.

Thank you very much for the reply. I'm a bit confused when you say on "THAT" website. Which website are you referring to? Or is it a website that should not be named? Also, why is the retail copy useless now? This guide seems to state I can use NTR CFW and the retail copy of MHX. Actually found out that NTR is in fact useable with an old 3ds after 3.1 or 3.0. One of the two.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you very much for the reply. I'm a bit confused when you say on "THAT" website. Which website are you referring to? Or is it a website that should not be named? Also, why is the retail copy useless now? This guide seems to state I can use NTR CFW and the retail copy of MHX. Actually found out that NTR is in fact useable with an old 3ds after 3.1 or 3.0. One of the two.

Search the thread. You will get hints about the site that must-not-be-named.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I see. I'm just confused as to why I need to do that.. The translation guide site doesn't say anything about doing any of what's in that link.

However now I can see inside my SD card. However I doni't see anything that says Emunand or Sysnand. THIS is what confuses me more than anything.

In my SD cards, the following folders were..

DCIM
inside this folder was 100NIN03

Nintendo 3ds
inside this folder was PRIVATE and a 0dcb5a9ef28770f8d8d97(keeps going)

Just those folders.

Where is this sysnand and emunand?

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so what people are telling me now is that this will NOT work with the older 3ds models. Something about mhx using extra ram and NTR closing as soon as the game starts. Can someone confirm or deny this?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so what people are telling me now is that this will NOT work with the older 3ds models. Something about mhx using extra ram and NTR closing as soon as the game starts. Can someone confirm or deny this?

Have you seen the first post mention the pre-patched .cia method? It can be done on o3DS...

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you seen the first post mention the pre-patched .cia method? It can be done on o3DS...

I'm new to all of this, so the lingo is still hard for me to understand. Is a prepatched cia something akin to a rom? I ask because my sd card is only 2gb, and I've also already bought the actual mhx cartridge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1