Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flash card one is a list of blocked carts, so it's a blacklist.

The Nintendo zone one is a list of NZ ssids and is therefore a whitelist.

I'm not trying to be an asshat honestly, but you're an idiot. I'm not sure there's "non-asshat" way of making aware of you this.

As you've been told repeatedly by multiple people, spoofing breaks the signature forcing the 3DS to use it's fallback lists instead (the earliest revisions of each list).
So you're telling me that the N3DS, a system with no firmware ever existing before 8.1, is using a backup whitelist from before the N3DS was ever made? Now YOU'RE the idiot. lol. The earliest N3DS did not have all attwifi SSIDs listed as a Nintendo Zone. Sorry to burst your bubble.

They have backup whitelists.

Same thing as above. Nintendo added a backup whitelist in the N3DS that has attwifi as a Nintendo Zone, when it was already missing from the very first N3DS out of the box? Sorry, but that's a hard pill to swallow. If video proof doesn't make you think, then nothing will. Anyway, do tell, since I have a decrypted NAND that I've been looking through with winimage... where exactly is this supposed backup Nintendo Zone list?

Attachments

• ctrnand.png
    ctrnand.png
    15 KB · Views: 222

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
WulfyStylez

You guys & gal have any plans for a ticket.db extract/inject utility? I would love to get my VC eShop games from emuNAND to sysNAND. Some people said this would possible by creating emuNAND, update it, extract emuNAND ticket.db and inject ticket.db to sysNAND. Fortunately I already prepared such a NAND backup before 9.6 came out. This takes me to the next question: Will a gateway emuNAND be compatible with your emuNAND?

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WulfyStylez

You guys & gal have any plans for a ticket.db extract/inject utility? I would love to get my VC eShop games from emuNAND to sysNAND. Some people said this would possible by creating emuNAND, update it, extract emuNAND ticket.db and inject ticket.db to sysNAND. Fortunately I already prepared such a NAND backup before 9.6 came out. This takes me to the next question: Will a gateway emuNAND be compatible with your emuNAND?

First one sounds like a project for somebody else to make, after all the stuff to do it is all out there, and we're busy with other things. As for question number 2, yes, ours is compatible and actually interchangable with Gateway's emuNAND.

EDIT: Actually never mind, but converting to our format would be trivial. GW's is a bit more wasteful unfortunately. That could change in the future though.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hax work on old 3ds too? If no can you support it later? Thanks
Yup, and the code behind it can be quickly ported to any existing or future entrypoints as well. That includes skater and any system apps that might get hax from others in the future (SKATER hopefully!).

Reactions: Margen67

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question: Would this new exploit work on the New 3DS XL with sysNAND 9.4U?
(Probably not for so many obvious reasons)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of you a**holes attacking me are simply listening to ASSUMPTIONS from other people and passing those assumptions off as fact. My point about the attwifi in the Nintendo Zone Whitelist on an N3DS should be blatantly obvious to anybody with half of a brain. It is reading the spoofed .CIA I installed. There is no backup list that it is falling back to. If there were one, the backup list on the N3DS sure as hell wouldn't have attwifi listed on it.

Anyway, last from me on the subject. No need to reply with more flames. I'm done, so you should be done. Unless somebody with any skill (hard-mod your system and try it out yourself. Just keep backups of your NAND safe) wants to apologize.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ignore my previous posts (I know many of you are already anyway). But it turns out some of my issues installing were because of a bug in 3DNUS 1.7. I just grabbed 1.8 and installed a spoofed system settings .cia. It WORKS. I then attempted spoofing TWL_FIRM version 8817 to 8818, but it still said file exists and refused to install. I tried again using version 7762 and spoofing to 12345. This installed (I must have already had the real 8817 on my 4.5 sysnand for some reason). Metroid Fusion Launched. After a power cycle. No black screen.

All of you a**holes attacking me are simply listening to ASSUMPTIONS from other people and passing those assumptions off as fact. My point about the attwifi in the Nintendo Zone Whitelist on an N3DS should be blatantly obvious to anybody with half of a brain. It is reading the spoofed .CIA I installed. There is no backup list that it is falling back to. If there were one, the backup list on the N3DS sure as hell wouldn't have attwifi listed on it.

Anyway, last from me on the subject. No need to reply with more flames. I'm done, so you should be done. Unless somebody with any skill (hard-mod your system and try it out yourself. Just keep backups of your NAND safe) wants to apologize.
look what i am saying is not based on assumptions, when me and cearp where testing out the whitelist downgrade stuff i did test downgrading some other titles and they didnt work out.....i forget what titles they where exactly but just spoofing the version doesn't make it work........here is a practical test you can do to somewhat prove it doesn't, use 3DNUS to download the NDS whitelist 0004800F484E4841 v11264 and spoof the version to something higher than what you already have installed.....so according to you, if what your saying is true, this would make the blue card blocked right?....as spoofing apparently doesn't break anything right?.......test your blue card, oh what it still works even though supposedly the system doesn't care that the version has been modified, i dont have my nand mod hooked up right now as i switched cases, but sure i will give it another go later, i will admit if i have made a mistake, but what i say is/was not based on assumption, i did tests a while back and it didn't work.....maybe the things i tested did cause issues but not everything does, but that would go against the fact the the system appears to ignore the whitelist that would block the bluecard, the only logical explanation for that is that modifying the title version causes the system to not load the whitelist....and if that's true i dont see why anything else would fare any differently

PS when you spoof the version its the TMD that gets modified, im 99% sure that this will break signatures and whatever you installed to be classed as not legit, and if its not legit it won't work in sysnand.....are you certain you actually installed them to sysnand?

Reactions: cearp and urherenow
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Scratch!!! In broad daylight!!!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, is it truly discrimination if you dislike everyone equally? like, if i dislike everyone, then am i racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc., or am i just a hater?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    All of the above...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You gotta be on Psis level and hate your own people
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i meant everyone, even my own people, and myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, well thats ok then
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (i don't dislike people, it's just a hypothe- aaaaaand i'm banned aren't i?)
    Good good let your hate flow through you!!!
    +2
    Emperor Palpetine reveals that he is trans Jewish pro abortion and drives a Prius!
    Unlimited Power!!!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hate fuels your cybertruck
    Yeah this Eero router is way better than the one my ISP gave me, still might need to buy one but until then this one is better lol
    The one Comcast provided is apparently powered by a comadore 64 chip lol
    What's weird is that they both have about the same speed in bandwidth but the Comcast one feels laggy like click something and it takes a second to load, the Eero one is just instant lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    why do i see some little songs at @shaunj66 's profile page?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sonics*
  • fluff663 @ fluff663:
    hello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Maybe he likes sonic
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hey all.
  • rvtr @ rvtr:
    Hi.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @rvtr, how r u