Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can be as much of an ass as you want. My point still stands.

Look. I've said what I wanted to. The topic just needs to be dropped on both sides. Devs included. Everything that needs to be said about it already has been. Mine was pretty clear and wasn't entirely aimed at the temp or its users. It's a statement about 3ds users as a whole. Anyone who wants to pirate already has options and most of those users have said options.
Ugh. I wasn't trying to be an ass. Sorry.

I don't think your point was clear at all. So thanks for expanding and clarifying things further. It seems we're on the same page after all.

I did indeed think your point was about GBAtemp members exclusively. Realising now that you meant 3DS users as a whole changes things entirely and makes my reply completely irrelevant.

AugustoKazt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Found a crazy vuln. Allow me to take this moment to remind people: IF YOU'RE ON SYSNAND 9.5 OR LOWER (9.6 or lower on old3ds maybe, don't chance it though) MAKE A NAND BACKUP. DO IT RIGHT NOW. You will regret not doing it in the future, otherwise.

That is all I'll say for now.

if i im on sysNAND 9.4 this will work or i have to update?, i have to say i dont have Hardmod and i dont have the kills for that (i have a NAND backup from 4.5 if that will help for something)

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if i im on sysNAND 9.4 this will work or i have to update?, i have to say i dont have Hardmod and i dont have the kills for that (i have a NAND backup from 4.5 if that will help for something)
Well, it does say 9.5 or lower. That 4.5 backup might be useful but only if you had a hardmod so you can restore it in an emergency.

You could pay someone with the skills to solder fairly well to install the mod for you. It's really cheap to do on your own (like $25 $35 USD gets you many, many multiples of parts from ebay) and not very difficult. If you have a friend with a soldering iron just get them to do it, takes like 15 minutes from start to finish.
(hint: don't use miniUSB, use JST connectors. At least 4 pin)

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that the community should wait a while before burning another exploit.

BTW, Wulfy, mail me or talk to me on IRC about 9.6.0 stuff. I ended up figuring out the same trick as you guys. Hugs

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Again, you can't re-enable something that was never enabled in the first place.

Why has nobody done anything with skater? Because it doesn't have the same vulnerabilities as spider.

Perhaps there's nothing useful that can be done with skater?

Okay, I'm done with you. You're either a moron or you're having a stroke.

Either way, conversing with you requires patience I just don't have. Sorry.

calm down sweetheart.

go to your 9.5.p-23 emunand, still with me? okay, now start up pokemon shuffle as an example. still following? okay, now google for any pokemon shuffle hack, you done? go to the site for it from your 3ds following the instructions you find in google results.

what happens? oh, nothing because it was fixed in -23?

you follow me?

now, imagine if Karl released the 9.5 thing, if you're on -23 you've lost your spier :'( you still with me?

for them, its a remedial task to auto instal a slightly older spider.

okay, now we move on to the new 3ds console.
yes, skater is something that exists. smellenium released ninjohox for every n3ds version except the one without skater, and needs to connect online the first time.
did he simply use skater to handle a download and this didn't exploit anything at all in the browser, or what?

still with me? all this was typed from my phone, expect errors.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) yes
2) probably also yes, else he wouldn't ask

EDIT:
If he would ask everyone to make a buckup, and says that people between 9.3 and 9.5 should hardmod their 3DS to make a backup, without any use for it, that would be funny though :D
You do not need a hard mod to either backup OR restore your NAND. You don't need a Gateway card either. You just need to be able to trigger their Launcher.dat. The card is only needed to enter Gateway mode or Gateway Classic. A hard mod is only needed if you actually brick your sysnand or upgrade to a FW that can't launch the Launcher.dat.

This really should be in a sticky thread if it isn't already.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You do not need a hard mod to either backup OR restore your NAND. You don't need a Gateway card either. You just need to be able to trigger their Launcher.dat. The card is only needed to enter Gateway mode or Gateway Classic. A hard mod is only needed if you actually brick your sysnand or upgrade to a FW that can't launch the Launcher.dat.

Honestly I think the only users who would care are the ones who are not on an exploitable firmware, if you are on 9.2 or below (N3DS) why bother, you have OoT and CN

mmn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calm down sweetheart.

go to your 9.5.p-23 emunand, still with me? okay, now start up pokemon shuffle as an example. still following? okay, now google for any pokemon shuffle hack, you done? go to the site for it from your 3ds following the instructions you find in google results.

what happens? oh, nothing because it was fixed in -23?

you follow me?

now, imagine if Karl released the 9.5 thing, if you're on -23 you've lost your spier :'( you still with me?

for them, its a remedial task to auto instal a slightly older spider.

okay, now we move on to the new 3ds console.
yes, skater is something that exists. smellenium released ninjohox for every n3ds version except the one without skater, and needs to connect online the first time.
did he simply use skater to handle a download and this didn't exploit anything at all in the browser, or what?

still with me? all this was typed from my phone, expect errors.
Ninjhax only hijacks a service or two from skater/spider (iirc), using cubic ninja as the entry point. That's your second example.
Your first example is different, it's using a vulnerability in spider itself as an entry point.

Installing an old version of skater is not terribly helpful, because none of the released versions ever had discovered entry points (could also be wrong about this too, just going from the past conversation).

It's not nice or productive to speak in a condescending tone to begin with, and it's even worse when you aren't 101% confident that you are correct. So please, for the sake of post quality, don't.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

You do need one if you're on 9.5
EDIT: nevermind

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No. My comment was directed at users of firmware versions 9.3 or higher.

Also, we can do 9.6 emunand without the secure4-signed modules, but it's nowhere near ideal or something we'd want to release. Watch this space, though. We've got quite a few things we can try.

Those things being said, we don't really want to talk any more about 9.6 or the reason users should be taking backups until feature announcements (or at least demonstrations) are working. kthx.
9.6 emuNAND without the secure4-signed modules would be useless...
Pros to be on latest version :
-eShop access (latest eShop ist a secure4-signed module)
-new games (but new games 9.6 N3DS only will certainly use the new NCCH flag)
-new features (that are encrypted)

So I understand that you won't release 9.6 emuNAND.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I posted it, afterwards i read something, and then i clicked "edit" -> added "EDIT: never mind".
did i understand the "EDIT: " part wrong?

Lol it's because it doesn't say that you edited your post but it could just be an error

EDIT: See below my post

Dazzozo

KRAZOA PALACE
Trophies
Website
dazzozo.com
XP
Country
9.6 emuNAND without the secure4-signed modules would be useless...
Pros to be on latest version :
-eShop access (latest eShop ist a secure4-signed module)
-new games (but new games 9.6 N3DS only will certainly use the new NCCH flag)
-new features (that are encrypted)

So I understand that you won't release 9.6 emuNAND.

There are still other ways in to the eShop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://sodapopstop.com/shop/root-beer/frostie-root-beer/