Status
Not open for further replies.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have a 4.5 English 3ds and a USA Copy of Cubic Ninja. Could I boot up with region free, then run Karl3DS?

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys had mentioned at one point that this would enable the ability to install legit cia files. how is this done? would you need to be able to run a version of dev menu which in itself isnt a legit cia file. lol im just way too curious about how this is all gna work.

You have access to all services. So you write some code to install a CIA using AM. BGRM works through HB menu now, and would let you install legit (and only legit) CIAs.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys had mentioned at one point that this would enable the ability to install legit cia files. how is this done? wouldn't you need to be able to run a version of dev menu which in itself isnt a legit cia file. lol im just way too curious about how this is all gna work.

Basically what WulfyStylez said, I tried out Big Red Menu just as a test and it could view all the currently installed apps. Didn't install anything because we didn't have emuNAND and it's fairly risky without that, but it's just another service call and as long as the .cia is signed the system will accept it.

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically what WulfyStylez said, I tried out Big Red Menu just as a test and it could view all the currently installed apps. Didn't install anything because we didn't have emuNAND and it's fairly risky without that, but it's just another service call and as long as the .cia is signed the system will accept it.

ok i think that kinda makes sense. thanks for explaining guys. shits pretty interesting.

so basically you tell the cfw that it can only install legit cia but then you make exceptions for things like big red menu and savdatafiler? my thought was its an all or nothing kind of deal.

if you are able to make exceptions for certain cia files do you plan on making an exception for the cia version of blargsnes or other homebrew for that matter? that would be nifty,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ok i think that kinda makes sense. thanks for explaining guys. shits pretty interesting.

so basically you tell the cfw that it can only install legit cia but then you make exceptions for things like big red menu and savdatafiler? my thought was its an all or nothing kind of deal.

if you are able to make exceptions for certain cia files do you plan on making an exception for the cia version of blargsnes or other homebrew for that matter? that would be nifty,
I think they already mentioned they would take a look at the possibility to install Homebrew CIAs, since blargSNES and the other emus are homebrew apps.

Reactions: Margen67

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kinda? We might be rolling our own signing certs to allow for at least one app (Homebrew Menu). Technically you could install the perfect .cias on a normal device (ie bundled games), but that's an issue with how Nintendo does their thing so we can't do much about that. For the most part we home that most of the other apps you'll need can be placed in the homebrew menu (ie save editing and all that jazz).

Also, another thing on EULAs, there's no way to validate that anyone accepted it (technically), ie if you got the 3DS from another party.

Reactions: VinsCool

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm being as kind as possible about this.
The developers of this project want to see if they can design a loader for legally owned games.
It's a worthwhile project.
Meanwhile people want to create a quagmire of infighting because they don't agree with the project because it's either too piratey...or not pirate enough... for their liking.
How about we back off and let them see what they're capable of?

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm being as kind as possible about this.
The developers of this project want to see if they can design a loader for legally owned games.
It's a worthwhile project.
Meanwhile people want to create a quagmire of infighting because they don't agree with the project because it's either too piratey...or not pirate enough... for their liking.
How about we back off and let them see what they're capable of?
I'm gonna take the low road for a second here.

The topic that should not be named isn't why the fights and arguments sprung. It's those who took it to heart and became overly sensitive to such a trivial topic.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even sure why they keep pushing the subject, The title is named as so and its them who are doing the work, they can name it however they please. I never heard of Ninjax/ninjahax but shit hey they person who wrote it called it that. Sure as fuck ain't gonna shoot him in the foot for it. I don't see any other dev's getting on there case for making this, so back off and let there work be shown.

Penny Morecash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want to block my Sky3DS!
It takes more programming to block Sky3DS and more programming to enable Gateway.

Why don't you just leave it as a nice clean EmuNAND so we can all play without too much fuss.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
It takes more programming to block Sky3DS and more programming to enable Gateway.

Why don't you just leave it as a nice clean EmuNAND so we can all play without too much fuss.
They already said they're not blocking Sky.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Please read.
They have no interest blocking flashcards.
They won't enable rom loading.

Short: Your Sky3DS won't be blocked.

Edit: Kikirini :ninja:'ed me.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, the whole "blocking sky" thing was just a discussion blown out of proportion (like most flashcard/cfw discussions here). I've learned to not trust the hype until someone confirms it xD

Edit: also, people are gonna get miffed if you come in practically yelling at the devs for something they weren't gonna do anyway. So...you know... check your own behavior before getting mad at others for theirs.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry Tony didn't mean to piss you off... 1800 posts and I missed one!
I only joined today and this is how you treat people. NICE!

Please understand there was a lot of people on this thread being silly about piracy/flashcards. So his bitterness was understandable. It has nothing to do about newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.