Hacking [WIP] KARL3DS - Kernel access on N3DS via Ninjhax + Loadcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good for you. The fact of the matter is that those with the skills to make a CFW are antipiracy. You guys are the first who take that stance and are willing to make your work public. Pro-piracy folk are just going the have to deal with that fact.

Those looking for a free ROM loader are going to have to find someone who shares their point of view and has both the skill and the willingness to make it public. But, it seems that such a person doesn't exist right now.

Precisely. You said it; there's already numerous other ways to load pirate games. So why do these guys need to provide another?

They don't have to provide another, and that's their choice. My point being that they're not exactly preventing piracy either, they're just forcing other people to go other routes. IMO, the point of all of this really SHOULD be to get the system as open as it can be...not enabling rom loading, to some extent is shooting themselves in the foot, as it's certainly possible for homebrew to use the same sorts of mechanisms as roms do to be loaded.

Came back on this thread and wow, no CIA support, I'm not upset, but would this limit homebrew? If it doesn't, how would using KARL3DS speed up homebrew, and would certain emulators hopefully have sound support, speed etc. using KARL3DS?

And this is exactly the point I was sorta beating around the bush to get at. There's already a pretty significant amount of homebrew that already exists in CIA format.

Reactions: Margen67

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it at the very least be released as just an Emunand and not a CFW? I don't really care about CIA's on 9.2, i'd just like to be able to update to 9.5 and play my Smash Bros cart online (assuming it uses the right encryption key unlike MT's Launcher)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
wonderful, even though it is through the ds mode exploit, so i guess he is on 4.x, still very cool
i'm guessing devmenu is already installed (through gw or something, probably used to create emunand also), the cool end goal here is that he made devmenu run without gw :) nice

Reactions: Margen67

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm guessing devmenu is already installed (through gw or something, probably used to create emunand also), the cool end goal here is that he made devmenu run without gw :) nice
I don't think it's really an end goal, or a goal at all. Being able to run DevMenu/install CIA files isn't on the feature list for this project, so that video seems more just for showing the fact of NAND redirection and FIRM patching working as a proof of concept.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't think it's really an end goal, or a goal at all. Being able to run DevMenu/install CIA files isn't on the feature list for this project, so that video seems more just for showing the fact of NAND redirection and FIRM patching working as a proof of concept.

sure, i just mean, the 'result' for users of what is being shown in the video. of course how it is done is the main part, but for users like 'us', we just want the end result, so, the use of devmenu without gw :) i understand what you mean

Reactions: Margen67 and Vappy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe