Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

United States
    The to-do list and progress aren't on the first page since they change so quickly. The to-do list is always expanding as we think of new things and accomplish them. Progress isn't there since I just didn't wanna update the OP all the time. Might add it later.

Oh, and also: Gateway messed up tragically due to how much they rushed. We might have OOT3D support in a few days with how things are looking.

2. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    are there any benefits in what will be released to GW users? anything GW cannot do?

Margen67 likes this.
  3. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Great, the more entry points support, the better, I have faith that KARL could be the definite thing to use for anyone wanting to hack their device:lol:

4. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    Why would Gateway be concerned about a homebrew-only team reversing their entry point?

Gadorach, logg and cearp like this.
  5. Idaho

France
    Today it's homebrew only, tomorrow it might be reversed by other people to enable piracy, you never know...

Margen67 and WulfyStylez like this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Yeah, and not to mention, the whole exploit has been documented by Yifan Lu already. There is literally no point in obfuscating what is already public...

Ra1d and GaaraPrime like this.
  7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Yeah I think gateway has got to the point of just release and get sales rather than spend weeks adding a load of protection that can be ripped apart after a few hours anyway

Margen67 and Idaho like this.
  8. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

United States
    Honestly, I'm not going to spoil anything by explaining further.

Idaho, Ramzpat and GaaraPrime like this.
  9. Idaho

France
    A wise choice imo.

Anyway though, I hope they're still working on finding an exploit that uses something else than a game, I don't personally have an objection because I bought my Gateway for the 3DS back in the days and that I already owned Cubic Ninja to have homebrews on the new3DS but for people who bought it especially for their new3DS it's quite clumsy imo...

10. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    i'm not sure if it was tactically ignored, i want not trying to be rude or anything, i genuinely want to know - if this will give me any new features that are not possible by using a GW on my n3ds.
    the only one i can think of is n3ds homebrew with sound support?
    but i guess now since we have load cias via GW mode in n3ds, this is not an exclusive feature anymore?

Margen67 likes this.
  11. metaljay

metaljay GBAtemp Fan

Haha I imagine they have secured a few more 1000 of sales with this 'release'

12. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

United States
    I can't believe how buggy OOT is for the Gateway exploit. A lot of 'em copies are not supported. >_>

13. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    surely most are though, right? (mine is)
    anyway, it's better than no exploit. but yes i can imagine being a bit upset if i didn't have the game, but i would just get sky3ds

guitarheroknight and Margen67 like this.
  14. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

United States
    There's a thread of people testing a lot of OOT Carts and half have been reported not working. It seems like a lot of early versions were not able to work as of now. (So a half-assed update, and didn't even release a solution to the old carts yet..) Well, anyway, I myself would get a sky and use KARL for emunand and regionfree and homebrew (of course) if/when I get a N3DS. Gateway is pretty much a huge hassle in a lot of ways and ain't worth my trouble...yet...

15. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
    They say ds/dsiware games work on it, so you can play your ambassador games and that free zeldo game they gave everyone.

Margen67 and cearp like this.
  16. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    hmm well mine is the japanese first version (and it works), i don't think you can get any 'earlier' than that :) - but hmm, sure, let's hope gw improve this, i'm sure they will

Psi-hate likes this.
  17. cearp

cearp 瓜老外
    Developer

Tuvalu
    sure, although they work in sysnand - but sure at the moment we don't have eshop access and dsiware support at the same time. :) i forgot about that though, thanks

18. peter14ji

peter14ji Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Do you know NTR CFW by Cell9?It already has a code injection platform working on 4.5.Feel free to contact him as porting it saves a lot of your time than making a new one from scratch.

cearp and Margen67 like this.
  19. peter14ji

peter14ji Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    Do you know NTR CFW by Cell9?It already has a code injection platform working on 4.5.Feel free to contact him as porting it saves a lot of your time than making a new one from scratch.

Well,how come it turned out to be a double post?

Margen67 likes this.
  20. Cloggerdude

Cloggerdude Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a Japanese N3DS with 8.1J firmware.

Am I right in thinking that I should just sit tight for right now? Should I go ahead and try to get a japanese copy of Cubic Ninja? Japanese copy of OoT?

I'm in no hurry and I think the work you guys are doing is awesome. All I ever wanted was region free anyway, so I'm happy you guys are working on a piracy free (for now at least) option. Keep up the good work!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loadcode, KARL3DS, Ninjhax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.