Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
@thane98 Apologies for bothering you with more questions---when does the randomized stuff take place, so I know if it's working or not. On a fresh save file, in the very first scene, Hinoka is Scarlet, but afterwards, no other units are different. In the chapter 1 fight with Xander, he is the same during the fight, but in the cutscene after, his model is Takumi.

VQDt3An.png

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@thane98 Apologies for bothering you with more questions---when does the randomized stuff take place, so I know if it's working or not. On a fresh save file, in the very first scene, Hinoka is Scarlet, but afterwards, no other units are different. In the chapter 1 fight with Xander, he is the same during the fight, but in the cutscene after, his model is Takumi.

VQDt3An.png
The randomizer should go into effect from the moment you start the save.
Could I see what your fefatesSE folder looks like on the SD card as well as its GameData folder? It sounds like NTR isn't finding the modified GameData files.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The randomizer should go into effect from the moment you start the save.
Could I see what your fefatesSE folder looks like on the SD card as well as its GameData folder? It sounds like NTR isn't finding the modified GameData files.
ROk0XrK.png

There's the good ol' fefatesSE

XIRfegI.png

This is how this is supposed to look, right?

nkwWJDA.png

UDee7pb.png

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ROk0XrK.png

There's the good ol' fefatesSE

XIRfegI.png

This is how this is supposed to look, right?

nkwWJDA.png

UDee7pb.png
Try running just the GameData folder through FEAT. I don't know why it didn't compress those files for you originally, but the compressed versions should have a .bin.lz extension.

robotic_jo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ran it through FEAT again at the end, though. I just put the files in to double check and it scrolled through saying "decompressing" when it was going through the folder, meaning they were compressed, right?
only a few lz file? weird.. it is supposed to say compressing, what version of FEAT did you use? The one with the Randomizer file worked fine for me, but some files didn't compress/decompress, not as much as that.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Try running just the GameData folder through FEAT. I don't know why it didn't compress those files for you originally, but the compressed versions should have a .bin.lz extension.
only a few lz file? weird.. it is supposed to say compressing, what version of FEAT did you use? The one with the Randomizer file worked fine for me, but some files didn't compress/decompress, not as much as that.

5dnFOEP.png

Redownloaded FEAT and put it through again. It compressed...I think? The files are now all .bin.lz though...so I assume it worked?

EDIT: Just started a new save! They're randomized! Woohoo! Thanks so much for helping!

Reactions: GCNMatt and thane98

robotic_jo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
5dnFOEP.png

Redownloaded FEAT and put it through again. It compressed...I think? The files are now all .bin.lz though...so I assume it worked?

EDIT: Just started a new save! They're randomized! Woohoo! Thanks so much for helping!
glad you got it to work :)

Reactions: Chary

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But the tutorial just says that to extract the files, then the next step just goes "after you are done randomizing", where does it say which files to open?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, upon further inspection I've found what folders I need, but I'm missing the castle_join.bin file, for some reason it isnt inside my caslte folder from the ROMFS file, should I just copy the entire caslte folder into the storage folder for randomising?

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay now I'm frustrated. I've done everything, absolutely everything in the instructions to a T, and yet it still won't work. I've dumped the correct files, I've got the files needed from the Romfs and randomized them. I've decompressed them all and overwrote the existing files. I change the name of the files to what it needs to be, and I load it in HANS with the option to use SD card romfs, and then when I press start, it just stops midway. It goes to black and I get a few lines on the screen on the very left side, and it just doesn't do anything. I want to try a randomized run so bad I'd literally send someone my Romf files and ask them to do everything for me so I just need to overwrite the new romfs and load it up in HANS. Please help as I have no idea what is happening and where I am going wrong. Please help!!

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay now I'm frustrated. I've done everything, absolutely everything in the instructions to a T, and yet it still won't work. I've dumped the correct files, I've got the files needed from the Romfs and randomized them. I've decompressed them all and overwrote the existing files. I change the name of the files to what it needs to be, and I load it in HANS with the option to use SD card romfs, and then when I press start, it just stops midway. It goes to black and I get a few lines on the screen on the very left side, and it just doesn't do anything. I want to try a randomized run so bad I'd literally send someone my Romf files and ask them to do everything for me so I just need to overwrite the new romfs and load it up in HANS. Please help as I have no idea what is happening and where I am going wrong. Please help!!
Even if you do things right, HANS doesn't always like Fates and it doesn't always work. That's why the NTR method is way superior to using HANS.

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the NTR method harder to do? the HANS method was already a bit too complicated for me and it took me a few days just to figure that one out

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay so I'm attempting the NTR version, yet when I load fasthax and safehax it fails, but it doesn't tell me why, has this happened for anyone else?

JackWwulf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So since I'm on 11.3 I can't actually do the NTR, so I have to reload HANS multiple times and hope it opens my game? if so then I'm extra mad ngl

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since I'm on 11.3 I can't actually do the NTR, so I have to reload HANS multiple times and hope it opens my game? if so then I'm extra mad ngl
Yeah, pretty much.
And for the record, before I got NTR I got it to work on HANS about 70% of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...