ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now I come back with another problem. The game has stopped working for me (not being able to play the chapter) on chapters 2 and 4 so far. 4 on the first time I was able to play the randomized game and 2 on the second time (I had gone through the randomizing process again). I think it has something to do with characters that start out with Hoshido, Kaze stayed the same the first time but was changed the second and Azura was changed the first time. I don't know much about this though so I may be completely wrong about the problem.
Did you randomize the same files you did originally? Cuz that messes things up. Did you make a backup of the files before randomizing the first time?

robotic_jo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hans won't load fates, it works with my smash bros cart (but crashes on character select screen). fates is a digital copy

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hans won't load fates, it works with my smash bros cart (but crashes on character select screen). fates is a digital copy
HANS doesn't play well with Fates. If it won't work for you, your only alternative is to set up custom firmware and run your ROM hack through either NTR or Luma.

Yes, I randomized fresh files and I have backups.
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Chapter 2 and chapter 4 are known to cause issues on the latest build, so if you run into a crash there, it's not your fault. Follow the troubleshooting section in the main post if you need help getting through any issues you encounter.

GCNMatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K I finally found time to install custom firmware and am so glad I finally did, don't care if I sound like a hypocrite. Anyway, now that I can randomize any path, is there any specific things (like reina's replacement being a flier in birthright) that I need to aim for to reduce chances of crashing via the script?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K I finally found time to install custom firmware and am so glad I finally did, don't care if I sound like a hypocrite. Anyway, now that I can randomize any path, is there any specific things (like reina's replacement being a flier in birthright) that I need to aim for to reduce chances of crashing via the script?
I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I think Reina's chapter is the only that causes an issue like that.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, beta 5 is out! Here's everything that was added in this update:
  • Randomizer results are now saved to an XML file. You can load this file next time you randomize to get the same results. Alternatively, you can modify the file to get the results you want from the randomizer.
  • Added an option to randomize all paths at once provided that the files for all three paths verified correctly.
  • The experimental options section is back. Options in this section are functional, but they may lead to unintended behaviors in game.
  • Added an option for changing every appearance of a character to use their new class. This option causes the AI to behave oddly in certain situations (most notably, chapter 5), so the option has been flagged as "Experimental" for now.
  • Fixed a bug which caused chapter 11 to crash if Reina's replacement was not a flying class.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, beta 5 is out! Here's everything that was added in this update:
  • Randomizer results are now saved to an XML file. You can load this file next time you randomize to get the same results. Alternatively, you can modify the file to get the results you want from the randomizer.
  • Added an option to randomize all paths at once provided that the files for all three paths verified correctly.
  • The experimental options section is back. Options in this section are functional, but they may lead to unintended behaviors in game.
  • Added an option for changing every appearance of a character to use their new class. This option causes the AI to behave oddly in certain situations (most notably, chapter 5), so the option has been flagged as "Experimental" for now.
  • Fixed a bug which caused chapter 11 to crash if Reina's replacement was not a flying class.
It's time for Kitsune Marth's GRAND RETURN

robotic_jo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HANS doesn't play well with Fates. If it won't work for you, your only alternative is to set up custom firmware and run your ROM hack through either NTR or Luma.

i have cfw and stuff set up already but FEAT isnt extracting certain files like X020.bin.lz

ShinyFlygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I seem to be running into an issue while verifying the files using the randomizer.

I think there's something missing, as I do not have a \GamData\Dispos\C\ folder, and it seems to get stuck there.
Is there anything I can do about this? Did something go wrong?

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried using the XML file to randomize the game, but do I have to check anything else off? If I try to randomize through the XML and I don't check anything off the Randomize button does not seem to respond.
EDIT: Nevemind, I'm stupid.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have cfw and stuff set up already but FEAT isnt extracting certain files like X020.bin.lz
Try a different decompression program, like Puyo tools.

I seem to be running into an issue while verifying the files using the randomizer.

I think there's something missing, as I do not have a \GamData\Dispos\C\ folder, and it seems to get stuck there.
Is there anything I can do about this? Did something go wrong?
If its reaching the C folders without finding anything, then the tool cannot find one of the files associated with Birthright or Conquest. I'd need to see pictures of what your folder looks like or something along those lines in order to figure out which file you are missing.

robotic_jo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thane, the thing decompressed but now the randomizer is weird. It is stuck on \GameData\Dispos\C\C007.bin and i chose european without the other languages there btw

EDIT: also I dont have a \C folder in dispos, the guide never said to have one im pretty sure

EDIT 2: i never had a \C folder when i extracted to begin with, im doing virtual copy special edition european fates

Last edited by robotic_jo,

ShinyFlygon

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thane, the thing decompressed but now the randomizer is weird. It is stuck on \GameData\Dispos\C\C007.bin and i chose european without the other languages there btw

EDIT: also I dont have a \C folder in dispos, the guide never said to have one im pretty sure

EDIT 2: i never had a \C folder when i extracted to begin with, im doing virtual copy special edition european fates

Yes, this is the exact problem I am facing too.

If its reaching the C folders without finding anything, then the tool cannot find one of the files associated with Birthright or Conquest. I'd need to see pictures of what your folder looks like or something along those lines in order to figure out which file you are missing.
V90b5it.png

Here's my \GameData\Dispos folder, hope it helps.
I suppose it's an issue with the Revelations files? I might try making a rom file again. I deleted all my downloaded data from my SD card to make room for the ROM and Revelation's files were included in that, if that could be an issue. (I use a Birthright gamecard.)

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok So I just tried to randomize using the XML again. I click Custom Path, choose the XML, and check it off, all of the options grey out. I hit randomize, and the program instantly finishes. Is it supposed to be that fast? Then I compressed the files with FEAT and transferred it to my SD card and loaded the game with NTR but it won't show any changes. Am I doing something wrong?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dispos file looks fine, but you have other folder as well, right? Does the folder that you selected in the randomizer have everything mentioned in the instructions?

Ok So I just tried to randomize using the XML again. I click Custom Path, choose the XML, and check it off, all of the options grey out. I hit randomize, and the program instantly finishes. Is it supposed to be that fast? Then I compressed the files with FEAT and transferred it to my SD card and loaded the game with NTR but it won't show any changes. Am I doing something wrong?
Did you make sure to check a box in the "Paths" section before randomizing? If you didn't, that would explain why it finished so quickly.

Nyxie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been having some fun with this Randomizer but I encountered a little bug. I'm using NTR CFW and digital conquest. Basically I get an error screen everytime I try to talk to an ally unit. It happened when I tried to recruit Beruka (Replaced Nyx) and on chapter 16 when talking to the landers making the chapter unclearable. Any help would be appreciated.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been having some fun with this Randomizer but I encountered a little bug. I'm using NTR CFW and digital conquest. Basically I get an error screen everytime I try to talk to an ally unit. It happened when I tried to recruit Beruka (Replaced Nyx) and on chapter 16 when talking to the landers making the chapter unclearable. Any help would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, your only solution in those cases would be running without the hack turned on or removing the files for those chapters from your conquest folder. I'll try and have the bugs fixed in a future update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol