ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant seem to find any indication of what Im supposed to name a EU birthright rom to when i'm going to place it into the HANS folder.
Note: I used decrypt9, not braindump, to aquire the rom from my cartridge

Last edited by GUST,

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I cant seem to find any indication of what Im supposed to name a EU birthright rom to when i'm going to place it into the HANS folder.
Note: I used decrypt9, not braindump, to aquire the rom from my cartridge

0004000000179500 is your game id for birthright

00179500.romfs is what you name it. Also if you toggle the sd romfs it should tell you as well.

EDIT: @thane98 @GUST
http://www.3dsdb.com/
Useful tool to finding game ID for regions.

Last edited by Redbit,

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
0004000000179500 is your game id for birthright

00179500.romfs is what you name it. Also if you toggle the sd romfs it should tell you as well.
So i put .romfs in the file? Currently the file doesnt seem to have an extension like .bin. Weird..

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i put .romfs in the file? Currently the file doesnt seem to have an extension like .bin. Weird..

I don't know what you mean by bin since it registers as an unknown file type on my computer.
But when it prompts you to name it or before the 3DS can read it, the name 00179500.romfs is needed in order to run.

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what you mean by bin since it registers as an unknown file type on my computer.
But when it prompts you to name it or before the 3DS can read it, the name 00179500.romfs is needed in order to run.
Thanks! Getting the final step setup now..

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got everything done, named it correctly, made a HANS folder at the root of my sd and put the .romfs file there. I go to Hans, select the Romfs option, nothing else. Hit ok, start up a new game, just all basic settings. Then when I load in (skipped animated cutscenes) Its hinoka, takimu sakura. I look over the map, nothing has changed, nothing happend. Insights to what might be going wrong? Everything worked decently well up until this point (I did get a prompt to overwrite some files when i pasted the 4 folders into my decrypt9 rom.

Last edited by GUST,

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I got everything done, named it correctly, made a HANS folder at the root of my sd and put the .romfs file there. I go to Hans, select the Romfs option, nothing else. Hit ok, start up a new game, just all basic settings. Then when I load in (skipped animated cutscenes) Its hinoka, takimu sakura. I look over the map, nothing has changed, nothing happend. Insights to what might be going wrong? Everything worked decently well up until this point (I did get a prompt to overwrite some files when i pasted the 4 folders into my decrypt9 rom.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nothing seems to work. When i run the romf with HANS everythings fine, but nothing is randomized. When i start a new game, its just a completly normal file.

SolidMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm currently unable to get past the "Spare Shura" part. It simply crashes the moment it tries to switch to the decision menu. Pressing start to try to skip to it doesn't work.

Also some of the randomizations seem spotty here and there. For example, in Chapter 2 with Gunter and Felicia (I was chose M.Corn) it gave me Nohr Noble Hayato for Gunter and Kinshi Knight Sakura. However, Felicia is actually Charlotte when I got to Chapter 6 and Gunter is Marth come Chapter 16 (Conquest). I'm guessing this is to do with me accidentally randomizing Revelations first, then I did selected Conquest instead on the same set of files. When Jakob should have joined in before Chapter 16, I got Sakura again. However the output says it should be Izana. Again, this might be because I randomized Rev first. Other silly stuff like Nyx being both Camilla and Sakura(Chapter 5).

Also, Mechanist Arthur (replacing Leo in Conq 15) came with rank E Shuriken, Rank C Bows and a Sting Shuriken + Iron sword from Leo's original inventory. So maybe something there with the weapon randomization.

Lastly, is there something up with the promotion gains? I got Troubadour Benny replacing Laslow with completely absurd stats (maxed out Speed, Defense, Resistance and HP). And when he promoted his gains were ridiculous. Butler gave 11 Defense for example.

Sorry for the crappy formatting, not really sure how best to post here.

Edit: Forgot about some stuff. The "No" button is always blank. When creating a character it's blank, and in any other decisions where I say yes or no, it's blank. Yes is still there. The No button also works just fine, I just can't read it.

Lucina joined me on Chapter 7 at the castle, but then she also joined me as Selena's replacement. She is listed as such on the output also. So I have 2 Lucinas with the same stats.

I'm using an Undubbed version of EU Special Edition.

Last edited by SolidMilk,

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Went through the entire process again, but it just doesnt wanna work. Everything is fine and works, but the game isnt randomized, its just a normal new game.

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nothing seems to work. When i run the romf with HANS everythings fine, but nothing is randomized. When i start a new game, its just a completly normal file.

My next best guess is to try recompiling the file again. Just remember to use FEAT before building the romfs.
EDIT: I'm not sure what is going wrong then.

I'm currently unable to get past the "Spare Shura" part. It simply crashes the moment it tries to switch to the decision menu. Pressing start to try to skip to it doesn't work.

Can't help you there. This question is better directed at @thane98.

Also some of the randomizations seem spotty here and there. For example, in Chapter 2 with Gunter and Felicia (I was chose M.Corn) it gave me Nohr Noble Hayato for Gunter and Kinshi Knight Sakura. However, Felicia is actually Charlotte when I got to Chapter 6 and Gunter is Marth come Chapter 16 (Conquest). I'm guessing this is to do with me accidentally randomizing Revelations first, then I did selected Conquest instead on the same set of files. When Jakob should have joined in before Chapter 16, I got Sakura again. However the output says it should be Izana. Again, this might be because I randomized Rev first. Other silly stuff like Nyx being both Camilla and Sakura(Chapter 5).

This is to be expected as the program is still in beta and certain features may not work in full as of yet.

Also, Mechanist Arthur (replacing Leo in Conq 15) came with rank E Shuriken, Rank C Bows and a Sting Shuriken + Iron sword from Leo's original inventory. So maybe something there with the weapon randomization.

Same as above but this is more along the lines of the program only replaces the first weapon. @thane98 I'm not sure if you want to start working to fix that.

Lastly, is there something up with the promotion gains? I got Troubadour Benny replacing Laslow with completely absurd stats (maxed out Speed, Defense, Resistance and HP). And when he promoted his gains were ridiculous. Butler gave 11 Defense for example.

Assuming random stats aren't turned on
, this may differ between join chapters as some character's base start off higher depending on when they are introduced. In your case Benny simply had his base stats increased the same amount if he were Laslow. As such this may result in abnormal increases in stats when they join since you are using their base stats from their original chapter. This is also excluding bonuses from Early promotion if it applies.

Last edited by Redbit,

GUST

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My next best guess is to try recompiling the file again. Just remember to use FEAT before building the romfs.
EDIT: I'm not sure what is going wrong then.

Can't help you there. This question is better directed at @thane98.

This is to be expected as the program is still in beta and certain features may not work in full as of yet.

Same as above but this is more along the lines of the program only replaces the first weapon. @thane98 I'm not sure if you want to start working to fix that.

Assuming random stats aren't turned on
, this may differ between join chapters as some character's base start off higher depending on when they are introduced. In your case Benny simply had his base stats increased the same amount if he were Laslow. As such this may result in abnormal increases in stats when they join since you are using their base stats from their chapter. This is also excluding bonuses from Early promotion if it applies.
Ill just try a completly new file and see if it works. Thanks for all the help

SolidMilk

Trophies
XP
Country
Assuming random stats aren't turned on[/U], this may differ between join chapters as some character's base start off higher depending on when they are introduced. In your case Benny simply had his base stats increased the same amount if he were Laslow. As such this may result in abnormal increases in stats when they join since you are using their base stats from their original chapter. This is also excluding bonuses from Early promotion if it applies.

Random stats were indeed turned on. I was expecting some variance, but not that much. It would probably only be 2 passes since I did 1 for Revelations and another for Conquest.

For some other bugs, a few people are missing skills where they should have some. I'm guessing the random skill thing just replaces any existing skills with random ones. Some people are coming with none or less than they should have. Like Felicia replacing Charlotte had only her personal (Born Steward).

Well, I knew about the replaces first weapon thing since there are a few other people I've encountered like that. My actual point was that Arthur could literally not wield anything in his inventory, since Sting Shuriken isn't E Rank shuriken.

I hope I'm not sounding overbearing or anything, just wanted to post some bugs and stuff since I'm enjoying this thing.

Last edited by SolidMilk,

Shark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i took that comment to mean that you should use an unused file slot to start. what i meant was should all my save files be deleted beforehand?

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i took that comment to mean that you should use an unused file slot to start. what i meant was should all my save files be deleted beforehand?
That isn't necessary, just don't try and use your randomized game on top of an existing game because it won't play well with it.

I hope I'm not sounding overbearing or anything, just wanted to post some bugs and stuff since I'm enjoying this thing.
Don't worry about, it you aren't being overbearing at all. I'll keep the feedback in mind, though to be honest I'd attribute most of it to randomizing the same set of files twice. The crash should be fixed on the next version, but I need to test it personally to make sure.

thane98

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I use used hans I get invalidated icache and I don't know the fix....
I haven't run into that error before, so I couldn't tell you how to fix it.

At this point, I'd recommend just installing custom firmware and running your randomized game through NTR instead. The setup's longer, but once everything's setup you won't have to deal with any of the issues that come with HANS.

cercity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thane, I completed a playthrough (PAL Conquest HM) to see what bugs/issues I could find. I'll post them here if this is any help to you:

General - The boss theme for Faceless/Valite enemies/invaders doesn't play.

The word 'No' for notifications is gone.

Paralogue 1 - Mozu isn't randomized

Chapter 2 - Rinkah is not randomized (I know she is a birthright char so that's probably why.)

Chapter 4 - Freezes after cutscene. Progress made via normal gameplay - cannot trade items even with the randomizer off.

Chapter 5 - Kaze (replacement) does not show up.

Chapter 6 - Freezes after map before cutscene.

Chapter 7 - Felicia is not randomized from this point onwards apart from text voice & portrait.

Chapter 8 - Enemy Flora is not randomized apart from text voice & portrait. Felica doesn't have a battle quote with Kilma (I think there usually is one but I'm not sure)

Chapter 9 - I think this has already been said but recruiting the unit replacing Nyx crashes the game if you haven't destroyed the wall.

Chapter 15 - At the end of the chapter cutscenes both Peri and Odin joined the team. Peri was originally the Felicia replacement. I guess this is where Jacob would normally join the team, so the game thought Felicia wasn't there either (she shows up are Peri in the cutscenes)

Chapter 16 - As you probably know, this is where the game freezes when talking to the green units. When played off the ROM Shura isn't randomized when the ROM is back on.

Endgame (Night breaks through) - The game freezes at at the beginning of the enemy phase. You can just turn the randomizer off at this point though.

Reactions: thane98

Redbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mmm... I think I was lucky having one of the more stable playthrough with no crashes in Revelation.

The only issues were models swaps for a large cast of characters eg. Azura appearing where Kagero should.

Mozu is still a thing

And certain join characters don't randomize after joining/clearing the chapter.

For me it was Xander, Gunter Felicia, Laslow, Scarlet (I'm honestly surprised it didn't crash), and Odin. I mean this in regards to when they should join in their chapters. Some of them would remain as-is and existing characters on my team tend to change class unintentionally though I'm not sure if that's a reproducible issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Is that why you're posting a lot of food on your profile?