ROM Hack [WIP] Paragon (Fire Emblem Fates)

susanoomon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me edit the models? I'm trying to make everyone into camilla like in this video but I'm not having any luck what so ever...

ShySeagull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with Nightmare. When I try opening my gamedata.bin.lz file, nothing happens. As I understand it, a list of modules or some such is supposed to appear. I know the file is fine (I've played the rom and it works with no trouble) and my Java is updated. Any ideas?

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with Nightmare. When I try opening my gamedata.bin.lz file, nothing happens. As I understand it, a list of modules or some such is supposed to appear. I know the file is fine (I've played the rom and it works with no trouble) and my Java is updated. Any ideas?

After you open the gamedata file you need to open the module yourself. Click file, then open module, then go to the folder where the fates modules are (Nightmare\Modules\Fates by default) and choose the one you want. The modules are the .nmm files.

Under Options you can set the default module path so the modules will appear on the left sidebar in Nightmare, making them faster to access.

Reactions: ShySeagull

ShySeagull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you open the gamedata file you need to open the module yourself. Click file, then open module, then go to the folder where the fates modules are (Nightmare\Modules\Fates by default) and choose the one you want. The modules are the .nmm files.

Under Options you can set the default module path so the modules will appear on the left sidebar in Nightmare, making them faster to access.
Got it, thank you so much :)

Last edited by ShySeagull,

ShySeagull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back again. Sorry for double posting. I tried the basic character creation, and ended up with a file I named Zola.bin.lz. I use Luma, so I took that file and put it into the Gamedata folder on my SD card for Fates, but Zola didn't show up in my castle. Was I supposed to name the file something else or put it into a different spot?

Last edited by ShySeagull,

NicestRicest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When trying to open options, my FEFEditor crashes and tells me it's not responding. Could it be related to a Java update?

EDIT: Okay, so I reverted back to Java 8 and most things work now. However, the Support Editor won't open up the GameData file.

Last edited by NicestRicest,

crazypairingperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I legitimately only use FEFEditor for the support editing tool (it's just a lot easier than the other support editor out there). And now the support editor won't open with my GameData file.

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I legitimately only use FEFEditor for the support editing tool (it's just a lot easier than the other support editor out there). And now the support editor won't open with my GameData file.

DeathChaos in the discord channel has said it's due to the latest version of java being trash. Try rolling back to java 8.

Light_Strategist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I now have that really awkward feeling where I haven't been here for around 14 months and remember nothing with regards to anything I'd have to do to get any of this working or what have you.

I really need to see if I can get back to doing this sorta stuff myself since I haven't played Fates in about as long.

What have I missed in all this time? Any significant breakthroughs or anything like that?

Mr.K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about changing the level a character comes in like how Jakob and Felicia are Lv13 when they join through My Castle as oppose to Lv1? Also, how do I change the stats of characters as bosses like the Nohrian retainers?

crazypairingperson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I go about changing the level a character comes in like how Jakob and Felicia are Lv13 when they join through My Castle as oppose to Lv1? Also, how do I change the stats of characters as bosses like the Nohrian retainers?

OOH! OOH! *WAVES HANDS FRANTICALLY* I KNOW THIS ONE!!! (Or half of it at least)

Okay so I actually recently hacked my game to add in a couple of custom characters and in doing so I had to actually decide their levels when they would join.

So, here's how you do it for Jakob and Felicia:

1. Open FEFEditor and go into FEFNightmare.
2. Go up to File and click 'Open File'. Open your game's GameData.bin.lz.
3. Go up to File again and click 'Open Module'. Navigate to FEFEditor's Module file, then to the Character file, and then open the module labelled Character.nmm.
4. Open the drop-down menu at the top and navigate to Jakob or Felicia's character block. (This should be easy since non-custom characters are labelled by name)
5. Scroll down to Level.
6. Input whatever number you want for the character's starting level. Then go back up to File and click Save.
7. That's it!

I'm not sure how to edit the boss characters' stats though... Sorry!

Mr.K

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOH! OOH! *WAVES HANDS FRANTICALLY* I KNOW THIS ONE!!! (Or half of it at least)

Okay so I actually recently hacked my game to add in a couple of custom characters and in doing so I had to actually decide their levels when they would join.

So, here's how you do it for Jakob and Felicia:

1. Open FEFEditor and go into FEFNightmare.
2. Go up to File and click 'Open File'. Open your game's GameData.bin.lz.
3. Go up to File again and click 'Open Module'. Navigate to FEFEditor's Module file, then to the Character file, and then open the module labelled Character.nmm.
4. Open the drop-down menu at the top and navigate to Jakob or Felicia's character block. (This should be easy since non-custom characters are labelled by name)
5. Scroll down to Level.
6. Input whatever number you want for the character's starting level. Then go back up to File and click Save.
7. That's it!

I'm not sure how to edit the boss characters' stats though... Sorry!
To clarify what I mean since I probably worded it weird, the character blocks have Jakob/Felicia's starting levels programmed to be Lv1, but that's the level for them at the beginning of the game when you only get one. Then when the other one joins your army though the My Castle, they're Lv13, not Lv1. How do I get that to happen.

Fishmalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify what I mean since I probably worded it weird, the character blocks have Jakob/Felicia's starting levels programmed to be Lv1, but that's the level for them at the beginning of the game when you only get one. Then when the other one joins your army though the My Castle, they're Lv13, not Lv1. How do I get that to happen.

You would need to edit the event in the code.bin to change the level it scales them to, but don't because mycastle joining is very buggy even if you do know how to write that script. It would be easier to create an event to cause them to join at the end of chapter 15 and create a character block there, and then remove the mycastle trigger (which I think fefeditor can do pretty easily, if the mycastle function does what it looks like it does).

The stats of playable units as enemies are usually their own character block stored in the file for the chapter itself (the exceptions being some of them in revelations, which is why rev silas joins with such beastly stats). If all you want to do is edit Odin and Niles as enemies when you fight them in birthright, for example, you would just need to edit their stats in nightmare through the file for the chapter you fight them in.

Chocobunneh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to this program, but I have a pretty simple goal in mind. I merely want to change the characters' names (a simple text edit,) how would I go about doing that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1