DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why not calling it like this:

3D-4ce (TriDForce)

And put a Triforce as a symbol, the meaning of the name is Tri (3) and D from 3D, and force because this will be a force from a homebrew comunity,and the 4, because it will be 4 everyone, and matches triforce, because is Nintendo-ish lol.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I don't like is the title. The reason why Cydia is called Cydia is because it's a clever pun on the proverbial "worm in the apple". Not that it doesn't make sense in this case, but it works better for Apple devices. :P

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The only thing I don't like is the title. The reason why Cydia is called Cydia is because it's a clever pun on the proverbial "worm in the apple". Not that it doesn't make sense in this case, but it works better for Apple devices. :P
Also Saurik will fuck OP six ways from Sunday if he uses Cydia's name or likeness.

It's a great idea. But if the name, logo or layout resembles Cydia too much you're going to need a lawyer.

Saurik has both the means and the money to aggressively protect his IP. I'd suggest you stay far away from Cydia inspired design elements.

Reactions: AndrewPH

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically what the above dude said. I mean, he might not go after you but it's fairly likely that you'd get at least a PM from GRATE GOD™ asking you to please rename the application.

Call it CidDS (Sid-DS? Pronounced Sid-dee-ess) or something. That way it sounds similar but not quite the same.

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also Saurik will fuck OP six ways from Sunday if he uses Cydia's name or likeness.

It's a great idea. But if the name, logo or layout resembles Cydia too much you're going to need a lawyer.

Saurik has both the means and the money to aggressively protect his IP. I'd suggest you stay far away from Cydia inspired design elements.
I even(say what) emailed him but he didn't reply xd

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I even(say what) emailed him but he didn't reply xd
Well, he is a rather busy individual. Essay length response posts aside he's maintaining a bunch of projects, doing talks, dealing with his business, trying to have a life, etc so not getting a response for something like this is normal. Not to mention the sheer number of emails he gets daily.

It might be better to get in contact with his community manager, Britta as she's typically available for queries like this. (She's also a very nice person. I chat with her sometimes on IRC.)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might be better to get in contact with his community manager, Britta

community2.18-brittaoutrage-03-17-11.jpg

Reactions: LoneGrenade

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Yeah, but a person who just got an GW and a 3DS would install Cydia because it's obvious what it is.
Naming this Cydia would actually cause confusion. Only those who jailbreak iOS devices will know what Cydia is.
You should be original with your name, so that when people search for you application, it can be easily found.

This is a good project though, but don't let the poor naming overshadow it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021