Homebrew [WIP] 3DeSmume (DS emulator for 3DS)

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I don't necessarily agree with you. Some people are now known as trustworthy (see smea for example), and don't need to provide any proof to what they say. And OP should be in this case as well but people are just too retarded to realize that.
Well I think you are right. Maybe because some people don't know him? Don't know. I'm asking for proves because of what I said, I can say that for sure.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why I said 'somewhat'. He didn't say "just square on the screen and start nothing", he said "with what it seems like an improper initialization", which is what we're seeing, I believe.
Huh, you would need screen init in any case to show something on the screen, and OH MAGIC it does display something. It was not really hard to guess there was a screen init somewhere in the code. Besides OP has ported many emulators to the 3DS, we can safely assume he knows how to properly initialize the screen ^o^

Last edited by UraKn0x,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Huh, you would need screen init in any case to show something on the screen, and OH MAGIC it does display something. Besides OP has ported many emulators to the 3DS, we can safely assume he know how to properly initialize the screen ^o^
Don't be so sarcastic. I believe he meant initialisation as in actually starting up the emulator itself.

Regardless, just because OP has ported things in the past doesn't make this particular port work any better.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAPW:JFA did to me the same some games did to others. I'll chek now if I have a .sav.
Is this real or fake?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 3 mediante Tapatalk
Real. Definitly.
Edit: is this real or it's fanta-sea? Sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well I don't have a .sav. Maybe because it only creates it when you save or when you start the game, idk.

Last edited by Bedel,

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Don't be so sarcastic. I believe he meant initialisation as in actually starting up the emulator itself.
I think I'm desperate. People here are not able to trust someone who has done many things for the 3ds scene and yet they are dumb enough to believe in some script kiddies who supposedly have found "KERNAL HAXxXXx IN POKéMON GAAAAME LOLWUT !!!11!!1111".
What I'm trying to say is that this guy wouldn't have made this if this was not somewhat properly coded.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think I'm desperate. People here are not able to trust someone who has done many things for the 3ds scene and yet they are dumb enough to believe in some script kiddies who supposedly have found "KERNAL HAXxXXx IN POKéMON GAAAAME LOLWUT !!!11!!1111".
I think it's best to be sceptical of any claims without proof. I would love there to be a functional DS emulator on the 3DS, especially one that runs well in userland, but I'll be very doubtful until I see clear evidence for it.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'd honestly suggest to change the thread title to something that makes it clear that this thing isn't even close to a release (because "early" isn't enough for some people apparently). If OP has a reputation already, i'll just sit and wait to see if he delivers eventually. But for now, it seems a lot of people are coming here expecting to already be able to run roms even with crappy fps, and the reality is that it won't happen yet. It's simply not at that stage.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's best to be sceptical of any claims without proof. I would love there to be a functional DS emulator on the 3DS, especially one that runs well in userland, but I'll be very doubtful until I see clear evidence for it.
yeah yeah something something being skeptical
TRUST THE GUY HE WOULDN'T RISK RUINING HIS REPUTATION WITH A FAKE EMULATOR OR ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T WORK
Would you trust if smea said he got a DS emulator running on the 3DS? Now, consider OP as trustworthy as smea.
Huh I'm getting tired of this shit, I'm outta this place.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRUST THE GUY HE WOULDN'T RISK RUINING HIS REPUTATION WITH A FAKE EMULATOR OR ANYTHING THAT DOESN'T WORK
Would you trust if smea said he got a DS emulator running on the 3DS? Now, consider OP as trustworthy as smea.
Don't, you have a point.
And also you'll be usefull for the OP in some way.

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks pretty cool, and I'm excited to see where this goes. I have N3DS emulator on my iPhone but it would be cool to emulate games on the 3DS.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Trust may make it seem more likely, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

I don't think OP is lying and I don't think that the emulator is a fake or a hoax; I just think that he's undertaken a project that probably won't come to fruition.
But, once again, I would love to eat my words in the future.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd honestly suggest to change the thread title to something that makes it clear that this thing isn't even close to a release (because "early" isn't enough for some people apparently). If OP has a reputation already, i'll just sit and wait to see if he delivers eventually. But for now, it seems a lot of people are coming here expecting to already be able to run roms even with crappy fps, and the reality is that it won't happen yet. It's simply not at that stage.

1. I don't consider OP as trustworthy as smea, sorry.
2. Trust may make it seem more likely, but it doesn't necessarily make it true.

I don't think OP is lying and I don't think that the emulator is a fake or a hoax; I just think that he's undertaken a project that probably won't come to fruition. But, once again, I would love to eat my words in the future.

If I were the OP, I would have waited until I got everything 90% functional, IMO, and would have a github repo set up by the time I announced it. As it is, there's no source code for the port (read: GPL) and it's not even close to functional yet.

Aside from that, I would have based it on upstream DeSmuMe, not some crappy PSP port that never really worked all that well.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I were the OP, I would have waited until I got everything 90% functional, IMO, and would have a github repo set up by the time I announced it. As it is, there's no source code for the port (read: GPL) and it's not even close to functional yet.

Aside from that, I would have based it on upstream DeSmuMe, not some crappy PSP port that never really worked all that well.
I agree 100%.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Fuck off spam bot.