OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All

2 Quick questions here.

I have a backed up file on my PC and now I am ready to go down to Best Buy and purchase some good DVD-R disks. I have read pretty much every thread on how to burn the image (i am going to use nero 7 essentials "image burn") and I am confident that it isn't brain surgery, however, I just need a few confirmations before I ruin several disks and have to go buy more.

Questions as follows:

1. The file on my desktop is an ISO file. Windows Vista ICON for the file is only a white sheet of paper...isn't there an icon associated with ISO's. Why just a white sheet like there is no file association. I had WINrar installed and it showed it as three books, like it was an archive file...but I know it is not. I uninstalled WINrar because I don't want it to associate ISO files...just ZIP and archive files...so I will reinstall later.

2. In Windows Vista folder where I have the file, displaying the file in "LIST" form, the file size reads 4,589,824 KB. However, when I right click the file and look under "properties" it lists the size as (4,699,979,776 bytes). I understand the difference and know that the file must be the 4,699,xxx,xxx size to be considered a good dump. Am I good to go and is this a good dump based on this information?

Thanks for the help

Brass

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok 1st thing Nero 7 Essentials "Image Burn"???? best thing to use is Imgburn, type it in on google it free, this might be what you mean anyway but got confused with Nero.

1) no specific Icon for ISO, with Nero you get a disc on a piece of paper with Imgburn you get the little Imgburn logo, all depends on what you set to open file with when u double click the ISO

2) all Wii Isos are 4,699,979,776 bytes (except obvo SSBB) the 4,589,824 is KiloBytes i.e KB

You are all good to burn
smile.gif

brasscorpion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Thank you...I feel much better about my backup. I will try to use Nero 7 1st. If I scrap a disk or 2 then I will install IMGburn and try that. 1st is finding GREAT quality disks so I can eliminate that variable. I just don't like having tons of programs all over my C drive.

The Nero I am talking about is NERO 7 Essentials. Pretty much it is a Nero Suite however the Burning part is Nero 7. Sorry for the confusion.

So the Bytes and the KB's are okay? This is what I should expect to see for each dump?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it