Gaming Windows won't start help needed

• Thread starter ball2012003
  • Start date
  • Views 2,220
  • Replies 23
B

ball2012003

My computer has been acting weird lately. Last night my computer froze up or something while I was on the Internet and suddenly the screen went crazy and it looked kinda like a tv does when you it's on a static channel except the screen was motionless and had colors. I immediately turn off the pc and just went to bed thinking it would be better the next day. Now my computer won't start at all. I can turn it on and I hear the fans but nothing is displayed on my moniter, it just says no input signal going to sleep mode. So I turn the computer off disconnect the monitor and reconnect it making sure it's plugged in well but still the same problem, my computer starts, I hear the fans but my monitor just stays blank. I don't think it's the monitors fault, I think there is something wrong with the pc. If any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated.
Also just in case you ask here are my system specs:
Hp Pavilian a1712n
Windows vista 32-bit
1gb ram
nvidia geforce 6150 LE
Amd Athlon 64 processor 3800+ at 2.4 Ghz
Please help
(I'm using my iPod Touch for all of this)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your video died.

If you were using a card, try taking it out (don't skip this!) and hooking the monitor up to the onboard, see if you get a signal then.

If you were always using onboard, try the monitor with another computer and another one with yours to see if it's really your computer, or the monitor.

B

ball2012003

I have a nvidia geforce 6150 LE and it's an integrated graphics card so I can't take it out. Also what do you mean by on board(sorry for sounding like a noob I'm not too much of a computer wiz and I don't even know how to open a computer up)

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
uh oh video card died :c

time for a new one

if you want to double-check you can try using your windows installation disc and repairing it

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
I have a nvidia geforce 6150 LE and it's an integrated graphics card so I can't take it out. Also what do you mean by on board(sorry for sounding like a noob I'm not too much of a computer wiz and I don't even know how to open a computer up)
Onboard video is video that's built in to the motherboard. If you have integrated video, then you have onboard video.

B

ball2012003

Ok thanks for the clear up krestent.
The problem is I don't have a spare monitor or a different pc test to see if it is the monitors fault.

B

ball2012003

No I was just on YouTube and then out of nowhere it happened. Also I don't think this is a video card problem because I just realized that when I turn the pc on the cd drive light goes on(don't know if that's always happened but just noticed it) and my keyboard and mouse are not even responding and it's like they're not even plugged in because the lights for them are not even on.

B

ball2012003

Any solutions then or should I just send it in to get repaired or just get a whole new pc since this one is about 4 years old.

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try taking out a RAM stick and seeing if it boots up. If not, try it with the other stick. Just something to try.

B

ball2012003

Then should I open up the pc and just put in a new video card but then how will I install it if my monitor won't be displaying anything.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Not that it matters, but just for the curious:

Light on the CD drive after startup means it's looking for a boot disc (such as the Windows CD). If it can't find one, it'll just move onto the next device in boot priority, which is usually a Floppy Disk Drive or the Hard Drive with the Operating System on. This is all normal so there's no need to think any further about it.

No lights on mouse/keybaord - this behaviour is different from computer to computer. Most of the time it won't try loading a mouse until a Graphical User Interface (like Windows) is enabled that can actually use the mouse. As for the keyboard, the only lights are the Caps, Number and Scroll locks. In older computers, all 3 would blink on turning on then disappear, with the Num lock lighting up after a few seconds (if BIOS has that set by default). In modern computers, it might not light up the keyboard at all until Windows is loaded (or even then, not at all, like with mine). This makes it difficult to tell if there's something wrong (either with USB or with BIOS) without having the video to see.

No screen problems - possible causes range from power fault (to the graphics card), BIOS fault, motherboard fault (PCI-e port, northbridge, or things inbetween going wrong), graphics card fault (in this case, it's integrated so it falls under motherboard faults), VGA port fault (or DVI, depending on motherboard, but usually VGA), VGA cable fault, monitor VGA port fault, faulty backlight (as was the problem on one computer I fixed two days ago, and I've seen it a few times before too) or faulty display (e.g. leaking LCD, but the only time I've seen that was when a cricketball hit the screen). Most of those listed are quite unlikely, but the general idea is that there's something wrong between the computer's graphics card and the monitor (as has been said, but meh).

B

ball2012003

I went to frys today and bought a new video card(nvidia geforce 8400 gs) hooked it up properly turned my computer on with the VGA cable now in the new slot and still the same problem. So I'm pretty sure it wasn't a video card problem.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
As Originality said, it could be the monitor or the cable, so check if that's it. If not, you might have the same problem that I had (being that your BIOS is messed up, which would mean you'd have to get a new motherboard).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...