Gaming Windows Vista,got a Blue Screen,HELP!

raenef

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was running Project64 and YES I OWN THE GAME I WAS PLAYING I'm just too lazy to plug it in,anyways,I had 1 Chrome Tab opened and then I had the emulator opened and then I got that Blue Screen and My Comp just restarted and it's ok now.Do I need to do anything so this doesn't happen again?I just manually restarted it and it booted fine.HELP!Thanks
gbasp.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah sometines the computer bluescreens for several random reasons,most of the time nothing to be worried about but sometimes it might be serious like a virus or something, i suggest scanning your computer just incase. Also another case could be that your computer dosent have enough ram thats happened to me acouple of times while playing games

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it doesn't happen again it should be fine. In the meantime you should try scanning your disks for any errors. Your computer suddenly crashing could have produced some.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got this recently, the only malicious file I had was "reader_s.exe". Got rid of it and now everything is dandy.

I actually thought it was something to do with the forum (paranoia due to recent going ones) as it always happened when I went on here but it didn't happen on my other PC's and since removing the file nothing has happened since.

Probably unrelated but just chipping in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...