Windows Phone 'Mango' To Be Used On Nokia WP Devices.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
11x05241527.jpg

Nokia has noted Microsoft's announcement of the new Windows Phone 7 (aka Mango) with word that the software being demonstrated today will be the one we'll see on the first Nokia with Windows Phone device. That's singular, not plural, indicating that Nokia will likely start off with one phone and work its way up. It also slightly contracts the roadmap for the first handset born from the Microkia partnership, though Nokia's statement makes sure not to make any promises about when said device will show up. Finally, we find the "Nokia with Windows Phone" phrasing somewhat peculiar, don't be surprised if you see it turn into a branding strategy for Nokia's smartphones going forward. Here's the relevant statement, straight out of Finland:

"Today Microsoft has announced the key new ingredients of the latest 'Mango' release of the Windows Phone operating system. This is the software that will be used on the first Nokia with Windows Phone device, and so should be of keen interest to Nokia-watchers everywhere."

Update: Microsoft just concluded its keynote with word that it already has Nokia phones running Mango in its labs. And none have leaked out yet, amazing!

Update 2: We were just contacted by a Nokia representative indicating that there was a mistake in the original announcement the company distributed. It wasn't supposed to read device, it was supposed to be devices. More than one![/p]

Source

I still wonder why Nokia didn't sign a deal with Google for Android OS
rolleyes.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
I still wonder why Nokia didn't sign a deal with Google for Android OS
rolleyes.gif

WP7 is actually rather slick? Or MS paid them to use it, like they have paid games companies to use only DX or even take out OpenGL support from PC games.

I don't think you need to sign any deal to use Android anyhows.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
It's strange, the pictured phone looks pretty nice and WP7 is definitely slick but together they looks kinda ugly. I'm more of an android man myself but Mango does sound interesting and I'm going to keep an eye on these "500 features".

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SamAsh07 said:
Why the hate? I love Nokia Symbian, atleast they are hack-free
wink.gif
all my phones have been from Nokia and right now I have an outdated (but loved) N95-2. What I can't stand is this partnership with Microsoft. God why not Android?? And what happened with Meego?

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a shame they're selling out, I think Symbian is great I currently have a phone running on Symbian^3 and there's really no problems they should just keep making more updates for this current OS. Like some people above I agree android would have been a smarter move than Windows phone but to be honest I don't see why they need a change at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay