Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
iritegood said:
Movi said:
I'm a long-time Mac user, and i despise both XP and Vista (for different reasons - XP is so outdated compared to OS X, and Vista.. it's just Vista) but i bit the bullet and installed W7 on vmWare. Wow. An hour later it was running via boot camp (where my Gentoo usually runs), and damn. It's fast, it has some nice features, and because of the new taskbar which *cough*rips-off*cough resembles the Mac OS Dock, i felt right at home!
biggrin.gif

Now if it only had all the applications i run on MacOS and if only i didn't have to install a second OS (miniGW) on it to run my Unix stuff, it would actually be a *really* good contender in my eyes. Right it's just a toy, but a very good one nontheless.
Everything is a copy of a Mac product/feature. Didn't you know that already?
Icons lined up in a row on a bar? COPYCAT
Widgets/Gadgets? COPYCAT, WE DID THAT FIRST BEFORE ANYBODY (except all the other widget programs)
Search bar? COPYCAT
Photo Organizer/Editor? COPYCAT

Why even use a Mac when Windows is already so similar?
rolleyes.gif
Word is bond.
cool.gif
rofl2.gif

Nicely said.

Is there word if the beta will come back up?

DrYHeLL

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
Why are Mac users so prone to pick out stuff that is remotely similar to OSX? Guess I'll return the favor: You know that AWESOME feature called time machine?!?!?!? Yeah, been around since W2000. Apple just remade it, renamed it, gave it their logo and mooch money.

So, apparently the beta is down due to crazy server stress?

Yeah I was reading that beta is down due to stress. I heard ,however, that it would be up soon. Minor postponement is no problem to me as it is the weekend... I do have to study for exams next week
unsure.gif

Also lets try not to flame others for their OS of choice and features being ripped off.

As far as anyone ripping anyone off goes: Everyone rips everyone else off. Facts of life. Learn and accept it, or deny it and be that annoying fanboy. Lets try not to flame anymore k?

Also, while I'm in the computer section of the forums.
Anyone want to reccomend and AMD processor? I have a triple core 2.1ghz now. AM2+ board.
or should I not upgrade?

P.S. Anyone want to point me in the direction of installing a processor along with a heatsink/fan?

EDIT: Boy this is getting popular...

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
DrYHeLL said:
P.S. Anyone want to point me in the direction of installing a processor along with a heatsink/fan?
Hmm... well, quite straight forward as long as you have the correct parts, just be careful. Remove Heat sink and processor, install proc, apply thermal paste, install heatsink and plug it in. Done.

Also, removed meh flamez

DrYHeLL

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Juggernaut.

What I meant is that I really don't want to screw up with thermal paste and being royally screwed.
What do people mean by a small amount? Pics(if you can find them) would be much appreciated
biggrin.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
BREAKING NEWS! Servers seem to just be hiding the page or have yet to update because the Direct links (below) work, I can confirm as I'm downloading 32bit right now!
biggrin.gif

Huge/slow (150-300KB/s on my end) download.

Nice, still works here. If I decide to finish this thing, it will be the biggest single file I've ever downloaded.
biggrin.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are all the keys gone yet? And where do you get them anyways?
I've already finished downloading this.
wub.gif
University's 3.0 MB/sec download speed.

cruddybuddy

Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkSpace said:
Wait, do you have to sign up for the keys or something?

Right now there is no crack to keep Windows 7 running forever (like you can with Vista) so after 30 days your copy will expire unless you enter a beta key. Then your copy will last until August (by then there should be something more long-term available). You can use a program that rearms your copy of W7 after the 30 days, but that only works twice, so it's still a short-term solution. I think the point is, people want a legitimate beta key so they can use the OS without worry for the next 8 months.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cruddybuddy said:
DarkSpace said:

Right now there is no crack to keep Windows 7 running forever (like you can with Vista) so after 30 days your copy will expire unless you enter a beta key. Then your copy will last until August (by then there should be something more long-term available). You can use a program that rearms your copy of W7 after the 30 days, but that only works twice, so it's still a short-term solution. I think the point is, people want a legitimate beta key so they can use the OS without worry for the next 8 months.

Right so do we have to sign up for it? Or is there a specific time they will be releasing it?

cruddybuddy

Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
DarkSpace said:
cruddybuddy said:
DarkSpace said:

Right so do we have to sign up for it? Or is there a specific time they will be releasing it?

This is the website where you will register.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx
But only Bill Gates knows when that will be.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Let me add this mirror for you. Right now, I'm downloading at 1.4MBps. Totally legit, it's from Microsoft.

Edit: Nah, nevermind. It seems to be the same link that Juggernaut posted. Dunno why it started so fast, but now it's dropped to 150KBps. Ignore it if you want, it's the same as before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.