Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey guys,

So I know that windows 7 ultimate has 2 advantages over professional..

- Protect data with bitlocker
- 35 languages

while i dont really care about bitlocker, does that mean I wont be able to change languages on professional? when they say languages, are they talking about system languages or input (writing) languages? I dont really care about having the system in any other language than english but i would like to read and write in more than one language..

so can anyone explain that to me?

Also, is there anyway i can add the languages feature to professional? install a pack or something?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You'll not be able to change the system language in Pro, but input language you'll be able to change.

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Then I'm fine with having it as only English language, I was just concerned with the input language.. if I can add more than one (like the XP I'm using) then I'm ok with that I'll go ahead and install the professional edition

Thanks
smile.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chris_Skylock said:
get the premium as you only want to buy another processor with Pro. Remember that Pro and Ultimate can have dual mode (aka XP mode) requiring you to buy another CPU
no it doesnt
its just a virtual machine

you just need a CPU with virtualization support

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
and you're telling me im wrong?

It's what im telling - You need a new CPU that can handle XP mode if you want to buy Pro and Ultimate

If you have the right CPU, then go ahead and ignore me for the time being

Yes you are wrong. I ran XP mode on my PC with one Duel Core AMD 7750 BE CPU which has secure virtualization built into the CPU. You can run PRO/Ultimate Without XP mode as you have to download it after you install it anyway, you could run Ultimate on a single core P4 CPU without secure virtualization if you really wanted too. You can only download and use XP mode if your CPU supports virtualization like Joe88 said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Now you can zoom in and actually see your pee pee when you pee pee,.