Gaming Windows 7 pirates beware

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh lol, yeah I just did a "Check for updates" and found 6 updates, all titled Update for Windows 7, and I was about to install because I didn't see "Windows Activation Technologies Update for Windows 7", but then I caught a glimpse of "Activation" in one of the update descriptions (that I just randomly clicked on), and saw that it was the Windows Activation Technologies update, lucky me : D.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W7 is one of the few iterations that is worth actually buying. With the special discount for students (and if you aren't a student, certainly you know one) you can get it legitimately for next to nothing. Home Premium will be more than enough for most users. If you need XP Virtualization, there are other solutions other than the Microsoft version, and bitlocker is a great idea, but not worth shelling out the extra cash when there is you know, a free encryption technology out there.

Hope that helps.

DeviousTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wtf... Alright, so now, yesterday I chose not to install the update, and I turned off my laptop. To my surprise, I turned on my laptop today, and somehow my update settings were changed to "Automatic" and the activation technologies was installed, cool now it wants me to shutdown : (.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wierd.... I was prepared to face the "the version of windows is not genuine" pop-up after my comp updated. I turn it on and to my surprise I'm still legit.

No, I'm not complaining.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
olol. One of my laptops is still using build 7600 ultimate with 7loader. Will get a key off dad soon
tongue.gif
all others are genuine and safe
smile.gif

EDIT: oshit. i'm an idiot for bumping this... what was i thinking? :wtf:

MarioBrotha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed 3 'Windows Activation Update' or something like that. No problems, though I wasnt expecting any since my W7 came with my netbook

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't install the update... I was careful not to... but it seems I've somehow been struck down... wtf? I swaer I turned off automatic updates and read every update info carefully.

However, today I notice the watermark on bottom right of desktop,
"windows 7
build 7600
this copy of windows is not genuine"

also, background gone black +1 popup notification already about needing to activate.

What do I do guys? Whats my best approach...?
frown.gif

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
OSW said:
I didn't install the update... I was careful not to... but it seems I've somehow been struck down... wtf? I swaer I turned off automatic updates and read every update info carefully.

"windows 7
build 7600

also, background gone black +1 popup notification already about needing to activate.

frown.gif

best option is to look for a patch on the net or reinstall, which is a piece of cake

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:

"windows 7
build 7600

frown.gif
If you installed the update, simply uninstalling it, using a loader to repair your activation status, and reactivating with said loader should do it. If you didn't install the update, just use a loader to repair your activation status and reactivation should do it. I think the same thing might have happened to one of my computers a few months ago with a really really old loader.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem for me anymore. I bought windows 7 Ultimate from ebay for 30 dollars. For awhile I thought that was a scam but I guess not because He sent me a real key and it's tied to my computer now. Really good deal, that and I have to say that windows 7 is probably one of the few pieces of software that's worth buying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge. +1