Windows 7 gets Direct X 12 support

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Windows 10 is the :shit: to those who dont give a :shit:. Windows 10 is :shit:!

Direct X 12 did not expect that though.

98 - 2000 - XP - Vista - 7 Best I would stretch to 8.1 and F**k 10 it is full of Bloatware.

Last edited by CORE,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So many edge lords in here... So, all he's doing is insulting people who don't agree with him and preaching like he's some higher power. A lost cause and I sincerely hope you all no longer humor him. As always, stay classy.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't need to read ANY of that horseshit you posted! I'm WELL AWARE of M$'s ridiculous update channels THAT CLEARLY DON'T WORK! I GET PAID TO KNOW THIS SHIT! The last thing I or ANYONE else should do is take advice from someone like YOU who thinks that BUGS, SPYWAYRE, and UPDATES that DELETE USERS PERSONAL FILES are "small peanuts". How about you go tell all the people who had their PERSONAL FILES DELETED that their problem is "small peanuts"? How shitty and insensitive of you to blatantly disregard peoples PERSONAL DATA like that! I hope to god you don't work anywhere where you're in charge of anyone's well being.
facepalm.gif

And why do you keep dragging on about the 1809 build like it's the ONLY ISSUE THAT EXISTS? Stop trying to dodge all the other COUNTLESS bugs and issues that have plagued Windows 10 since day one! You sound completely ridiculous trying to claim that Windows 10, which is still basically BETA SOFTWARE, is the more superior alternative compared to other OS's that have had YEARS TO MATURE and are way more polished and stable than ANY Windows 10 release!

Here's just a small look at four of the MANY FOLDERS I have dedicated to doing Windows Installations, Upgrading, Deployments, Tweaking, Activating, Integrating, etc. etc.! I have a copy of EVERY SINGLE WINDOWS RELEASE since clear back to Windows 3.11! I bet you don't even have an ISO for the current build that you have on your system right now do you? So please, feel free to PASS on giving me your "EXPERT" advice!
  1. I recommend you calm down.
  2. The file-deletion bug we're talking about didn't affect a lot of users, so it's hard to ask them. They were users who updated manually, and the update was pulled before it affected a significant number of users.
  3. The vast majority of people who installed 1809 early didn't experience the bug. It only occurred under very specific circumstances.
  4. Many users who experienced the bug were able to recover their files. You might not be aware of this.
  5. Again, I don't claim the bug didn't matter. Microsoft made a mistake by skipping the Release Preview ring with it, and I doubt they will do that again.
  6. I don't recommend you work on anyone's computer if you suggest they use outdated operating systems that don't receive security updates.
  7. I don't mean to minimize the bug's affect on some users, but it didn't affect a lot of people, those people were often able to recover their files, and security threats are objectively a much bigger deal than this one outdated bug that you seem to be obsessed with.
  8. I didn't mean to sound like I was preaching to you with "expert" advice about Windows 10, but you didn't seem to be familiar with their release cycle.
  9. There aren't many major Windows 10 issues that I'm aware of, which is why we appear to be talking in circles about the 1809 bug.
  10. I'm not sure what having ISO images has to do with one's knowledge of cybersecurity. Your rant was just... odd to read. Regardless, I believe one's views and knowledge of cybersecurity are more telling that one's archived ISO files.
  11. For the record, I have ISO files of 1809 and 1903, as well as old discs from Windows 8.1 and earlier. Not that it matters in the slightest.

Last edited by Lacius,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
My files were never deleted, most people who installed the update early didn't have their files deleted, and many of those users who did lose their files got their files back. Oh, and nobody who didn't install the update manually experienced the bug.

An old bug isn't reason not to use an operating system. All operating systems have had their fair share of bugs, but they get patched, and we move on. There having once been a bug on Windows 10 for people who manually installed the update early isn't reason enough to use a depreciated operating system and forego security updates.

-snip-

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I typed in "windows 10 issues" in Google and at the very top of the results was this.....

100 common Windows 10 problems and how to solve them

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

What a great operating system. :wacko:
You can do similar things with just about any operating system, including Windows 7. At the end of the day, Windows 10 is stable, and Windows 7 is going to lose all security support in ten months. It's highly recommended that anyone on Windows 7 update to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 by then.

JustCause

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do similar things with just about any operating system, including Windows 7. At the end of the day, Windows 10 is stable, and Windows 7 is going to lose all security support in ten months. It's highly recommended that anyone on Windows 7 update to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 by then.

Ok so now I typed in "windows 7 issues" and I got this...

Top 5 Most Common Windows 7 Problems and How to Fix Them

Windows 10: 100 common problems
Windows 7: 5 common problems

Hm, no thnx I keep using Windows 7. Have fun with Windows 10. :rofl2:

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FanboyKilla I think you really don't understand the consequence of these security loopholes without any major patching. In term of a corporate environment, where you have a lot of machines on a domain, big corporate companies can lose millions of dollars for being vulnerable to ransomware attack due to being locked out of domain and access to files. As an IT Administrator myself obviously given the option to pick between paying for update on Windows 7 or upgrade to Windows 10 I would obviously pick upgrading Windows 7 machines to Windows 10.

For people that want to stay on Windows 7 or even use Windows XP, someone with decent hacking skills can easily hack into your computer because you leave backdoor open for them to access you, so imagine someone put a ransomware on your computer and lock you out from access all your important file, ain't you gonna cry :D.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so now I typed in "windows 7 issues" and I got this...

Top 5 Most Common Windows 7 Problems and How to Fix Them

Windows 10: 100 common problems
Windows 7: 5 common problems

Hm, no thnx I keep using Windows 7. Have fun with Windows 10. :rofl2:
Please don't cherry pick the data. You're going to find pages like "10 common problems with X" for any operating system, and I don't see much of a difference when it comes to Google Search results. In addition, the "100 common problems" page includes things like how to prepare for an update to Windows 10, not all actual problems. It also lists how to use new features as "problems." I don't think you read it.

JustCause

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please don't cherry pick the data. You're going to find pages like "10 common problems with X" for any operating system, and I don't see much of a difference when it comes to Google Search results. In addition, the "100 common problems" page includes things like how to prepare for an update to Windows 10, not all actual problems. It also lists how to use new features as "problems." I don't think you read it.

Cherry pick? They were the first results in Google. :rofl2:

Last edited by JustCause,

JustCause

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not even close to my experience, but our results may be different. Regardless, see the rest of my last post.

Preparing for an update sounds like a legitimate problem to me given all the problems that windows 10 updates have brought to users computers. They dont list that as a problem for windows 7 because it isnt one.

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In all fairness we have bombed this thread about how crap and not Windows 10 is :teach:
I think the Edge of the Forum for the Edge Lords :bow: would be more appropriate.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But for users that run windows, what version do you recommend?
Nobody should be using any Windows operating systems other than Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
  1. Windows 7 is fine for another ten months.
  2. Windows 8.1 is fine until 2023.
  3. Windows 10 is recommended in the long run.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Not that you'll likely be checking your replies since the suspension, but I was born in 1986. The first family computer used MS-DOS, and we later had PCs with Windows 95 and 98. Windows ME released very shortly before Windows XP, so it seemingly flew under just about everybody's radar for the longest time. I certainly haven't heard many positive things about it when I do hear anything, regardless.

And actually I was wrong on the Dreamcast...it's Windows CE compatible. Not that I care enough to know what differences there are with ME, if any.

Reactions: Lacius and Kioku

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Windows 7 is dated but will be fine long even after it has no support for awhile atleast before Software stops being made I dont mean Microsoft or Drivers that to will be a factor eventually.

Reactions: Kioku

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum... https://youtu.be/wV_BPDi8Ems?si=1UUzI1S7Rp6sujmq