DaBirdisDaWord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 7.20.22 PM.png

Hey guys. So I've been playing Wind Waker on my soft-modded Wii recently with my old memory card. The memory card suddenly became corrupt, and now I've lost some 10 hours of play-time on the game. I'd gotten all the way through the Forbidden Forrest before this happened.

So I'm done with relying on a physical memory card. I'm just going to use the virtual memory card for now on. I know how to do that (enable NMM in settings on my CFG USB Loader, hit save). But if possible, I'd really like to more or less pick up where I left off. Based on what I've read online, this should be possible. I've found a ton of .GCI save files for the game on GitHub and followed the instructions for converting .GCI to .RAW found on this message board. Basically it involves loading a blank RAW file in Dolphin's Memory Card Manager, importing the .GCI file and then renaming the RAW file to GLZE.raw (which is Windwaker's 4 letter game ID). I've found the perfect .GCI file (After Forbidden Woods.gci) so that I can pick up where I left off, but it's not working out for me. :/ When I follow the aforementioned instructions in Dolphin, I get a bunch of nonsense in the Title and Comments section of the save file--which you can see in the screenshot I've included in my post. I move the GLZE.raw file over to the saves folder on my external USB and enable NMM--but the game does not recognize any save file when I start my game. Surely there' a way to get this to work. Am I missing something? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by DaBirdisDaWord,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1