Will you be upgrading to Windows 10?

• Total voters

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just reserved a copy of Windows 10. I've read some of the comments from fellow users here and generally, the launch has been pretty well-received. It will be interesting to give it a go.

Reactions: Margen67

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those poll results
are people really this retarded?
upgrading to bloated botnet that sends all data to MS and NSA and slows down your hardware

Reactions: Nightwish

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
those poll results
upgrading to bloated botnet that sends all data to MS and NSA and slows down your hardware

Or, you know, disable the setting that sends data? Yeah, if people actually looked in here, people would know you can disable that.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
True, that sucks but it can be disabled too (even fully in the enterprise edition).
Ah. Your boot from USB is default disabled? Don't you have the option to choose a device to boot from using Windows? Or does the BIOS/UEFI prohibit it?
Yes, it's called secure boot: http://itsfoss.com/disable-uefi-secure-boot-in-windows-8/
It most likely applies to me but so far I didn't investigate that much.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, you know, disable the setting that sends data? Yeah, if people actually looked in here, people would know you can disable that.
haha that is cute, you think you can disable it

besides that i would steer clear of any windows OS upgrades
i took the 8.0 to 8.1 update on my ultrabook but thats it
but otherwise if your HW is a portable i would stick with what came on it
not so much for non for portables,
it's not as bad upgrading a desktop i guess, especially a non OEM home built one

but i would not do it on a laptop /ultrabook/surface

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a quick question on that, but what about people that don't have the group policy editor? I'm only on Windows 10 basic and don't have access to it unless I upgrade to Pro.
Oh, if it's not there you can still edit the registry. Value 0 (e.g. off) is also only available in the enterprise edition of Windows 10 so you need that to get rid of spying completely (supposedly). If you don't have the enterprise edition value 0 will not be selectable in the editor and if you edit that in the registry it will not work and be considered as value 1.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, if it's not there you can still edit the registry. Value 0 (e.g. off) is also only available in the enterprise edition of Windows 10 so you need that to get rid of spying completely (supposedly). If you don't have the enterprise edition value 0 will not be selectable in the editor and if you edit that in the registry it will not work and be considered as value 1.
yeah what is this enterprise exactly ?
i know it's not official version so where does it come from?
what are the exact differences?

loco365

Trophies
XP
Hm. I may also have access to Enterprise as well. I'll have to investigate that when I get my new laptop.

Peloisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Being on win 7 since released, tried 10 for a few days, had problems with the sound but don't like auto update, i have blue screens before trusting ms, reinstalled to 8 instead, 10 seems to about same speed as 8, no direct 12 games yet, so no point.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
those poll results
It can be disabled, and this runs faster than windows 7. I don't the problem here.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
faster than 7?
i don't see how
may nto be a problem for desktop but no way i am loading this shit on my ultrabook
Yes faster. My old crap laptop runs really fast compared to windows 7. Same softwares, but huge speed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKm3kqOmqso