ROM Hack Will we be able to use our HG/SS (J) .sav files on the english version

veyero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if we will be able to use the .sav from the Japanese version to continue playing on the english version when it comes out. Will we need to change the .sav or anything? I heard people could do this with the japanese verion of Platinum, so maybe it will work the same way?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? You could use the SAV of Heart Gold on Soul Silver? That just means Soul Silver is a ROM hack of Heart Gold or the opposite. Do they have the same GAME ID?

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TFDELTA said:
[sarcasm]yes! And the *.sav of SS works with HG!![/sarcasm]

That'll be easier to understand. And no they won't work because it will mostly likely be an entirely different game seeing as it is in English.

Edit: Hex editing the save may work. We'll see when the game actually comes out.

I guess Pokemon is an exception then.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Actually, both save files for all the DS Pokemon games have always been compatible. I doubt there will be an exception this time. : /

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Actually, both save files for all the DS Pokemon games have always been compatible. I doubt there will be an exception this time. : /

EDIT: Damn, sorry for double posting.

BananaX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfman560 said:
TFDELTA said:
[sarcasm]yes! And the *.sav of SS works with HG!![/sarcasm]

That'll be easier to understand. And no they won't work because it will mostly likely be an entirely different game seeing as it is in English.

Edit: Hex editing the save may work. We'll see when the game actually comes out.

I guess Pokemon is an exception then.
Wow, your post is pretty much epic fail.

@ OP -- If the past Pokemon games are anything to go by, they should be compatible. There will be weird technical things wrong with it though (for example, your name will still be in Katakana or blocky letters).

We won't be completely sure until the English version comes out. I would bet money on it, though.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well i would rather restart the game when it comes out in english to read the whole stroy in jap i dont know what the heck is going wrong

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
@metal01: you know theres the option to switch to english characters while naming things, right?

@ifish: If you've already played the original G/S games you really dont need to read the story.... or be able to read japanese at ALL for that matter, the game is almost EXACTLY the same, which is why i enjoy it so much....

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
The japanese save will works with the USA version and next it still works with the EUR version without problems (I conserve my pokemon Pearl save since JAP version and now I play the official EUR (Spanish) with this old save

Barmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My .sav from my English+Freeze patched HG doesn't work with the clean HG rom. All I should need to do is make sure they have the same filename, right? It's frustrating because it means I can't test any of the other freeze patches that don't work on an already-patched ROM.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jakob95 said:
Are you serious? You could use the SAV of Heart Gold on Soul Silver? That just means Soul Silver is a ROM hack of Heart Gold or the opposite. Do they have the same GAME ID?

This was always like this. You can also use your diamond save with pearl. Or firered save with leafgreen. or ruby save with saphire. And at last: You can use your HG save for SS and your SS save for HG.
smile.gif

TFDELTA

Trophies
XP
Country
Barmy said:
My .sav from my English+Freeze patched HG doesn't work with the clean HG rom. All I should need to do is make sure they have the same filename, right? It's frustrating because it means I can't test any of the other freeze patches that don't work on an already-patched ROM.
Make sure the rom has the same name as the *.sav, for example, I have the Rudolph's+English 3.0 save and I want use the ORIGINAL, UNTRIMMED, CLEAR rom. Then I must replace the old *.nds for the new (clear rom, untrimmed and original):

4160 - Pokemon Soul Silver (J).nds
4160 - Pokemon Soul Silver (J).SAV

and they'll works with ANY version, patched or NOT, different region or not and, "magicaly" with the other rom (Pokemon Heart Gold)

--EDIT--
True... I can't use my rudolph/rudolph+english 3.0 savegame on clean rom. If We want play pokemon ss/hg USA and EUR with the savegame of Rudolph we MUST play the rom USA and EUR with Rudolph's Patch applied

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...