Hardware will this gpu fit?

Will the EVGA GTX 970 SC fit in a Dell Optiplex 9010 (SFF)

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Falco_DJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm planning upgrading an old Dell Optiplex 9010 (SFF). What I want to know is:

1) Will the EVGA GTX 970 SC fit in it?
2) What PSU should I use with it?

If it doesn't fit can you guys tell me what gpu you would recommend, that will fit? What I'll mainly be doing is Dolphin, and programming. Thanks! :)

Edit: If possible I would like a gpu that's able to play Dolphin at 1080p.

Last edited by Falco_DJ,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Which Optiplex 9010 do you have, exactly? Dell has 4 different SKUs with different case sizes for that model, knowing which one you have would be useful.

If it's the smallest one, you'll probably need to get a low profile card, but I don't think anyone makes low profile GTX 970's anymore. I know GTX 1050 Ti's are readily available in that size, which will be more than enough for 1080p Dolphin.

PSU will also depend, because if it's the smallest one you may be stuck with it as Dell tends to use proprietary PSU designs, making finding a replacement at a higher wattage much harder than usual.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which Optiplex 9010 do you have, exactly? Dell has 4 different SKUs with different case sizes for that model, knowing which one you have would be useful.

If it's the smallest one, you'll probably need to get a low profile card, but I don't think anyone makes low profile GTX 970's anymore. I know GTX 1050 Ti's are readily available in that size, which will be more than enough for 1080p Dolphin.

PSU will also depend, because if it's the smallest one you may be stuck with it as Dell tends to use proprietary PSU designs, making finding a replacement at a higher wattage much harder than usual.

He said SFF, so he needs a low profile card.

Reactions: Falco_DJ

Falco_DJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't have it yet, I was planning on getting it soon from eBay, so I don't know. Here is the link for it though:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9010-SFF-i5-3470-3-2GHz-8GB-RAM-DVD-750-GB-HD-Win-7-Pro-COA/123453802311?hash=item1cbe6b8747:g:mRYAAOSwWxNYng23:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!32952!US!-1&redirect=mobile

Last edited by Falco_DJ,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
He said SFF, so he needs a low profile card.
Ah, that was edited in as I was writing my reply.

Then yes, you will need a low profile card so probably a GTX 1050 Ti would be your best bet.

For your PSU, you're stuck with the PSU Dell has for you, which is 240W. You might be able to get away with using it as is, I know most 1050 Ti's will use up ~100W total depending, which leaves another 140W for the rest of the system which should be fine.

But honestly, you should probably get a new case and PSU instead of sticking with the smaller one.

Falco_DJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that was edited in as I was writing my reply.

Then yes, you will need a low profile card so probably a GTX 1050 Ti would be your best bet.

For your PSU, you're stuck with the PSU Dell has for you, which is 240W. You might be able to get away with using it as is, I know most 1050 Ti's will use up ~100W total depending, which leaves another 140W for the rest of the system which should be fine.

But honestly, you should probably get a new case and PSU instead of sticking with the smaller one.

Thanks! :)

Edit: Do you know where I could get a low profile GTX 1050 ti for around 100-125 dollars?

Last edited by Falco_DJ,

huntertron1

dancing to music!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is starting to remind me of my upgrades. i have a dell inspiron 3650 with a i5 6400 and wanted to upgrade. the only sacrifices are a small gpu (unless the case is modified) and psu needs to be outside the case (unless modified) i did not want to mod the case so i just did it the make sacrifice route. now i have a gtx 1060 6gb small card in my pc now=3

Last edited by huntertron1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol +1