Will this dock also brick the console?

theasker Sep 6, 2019.

1. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2009
    United States
    Hello guys! There is an ad that has been all over my Facebook page, which is a new dock for Nintendo switch... It's called Genki and here is it's Kickstarter page:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/humanthings/genki-covert-dock

We have seen many different docks where majority of them have bricked the console due to the charger etc. It looks really convenient since it's small.

But do you think this one will also brick the console?

NoNAND likes this.
  2. Kazesama

Kazesama GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2003
    United States
    Earth
    Did you read the product description? it mentions that it was designed with that in mind...

3. theasker
    OP

theasker GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2009
    United States
    Believe me I have read that, but other has also written that, yet the console got bricked... :/

4. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The Adriatic Sea
    I'm a bit skeptical towards this and any other third party dock. I know it's not right to take a condescending attitude towards these things but they hardly ever can be trusted, given all of the brick risks associated with them.

You're better off getting a dock replacement case wherein you put the original dock's components into a smaller case.

MicmasH_W likes this.
  5. zxr750j

zxr750j GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    Uuuuu
    NoNAND likes this.
  6. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Regular

Jun 25, 2019
    Australia
    Do yourself a favor and buy a dock shell replacement. Any nintendo update could potentially end your switch. Its not worth even a small risk imo.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted