Hacking Will there be a Switch Flashcard?

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like he has, lol. And Australian people who are natives there fucking HATE outsiders.
I'm not going to get into this, I was just curious if he was bashing the country without even visiting it. I (and I hope others) try my best to avoid bashing countries other than my own on here, since I haven't been out of the country and I don't want to be spreading lies or incomplete info that someone told me about a country on the internet. I usually try to only debate about my own countries issues on here.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
He has an Australian flag in his profile. Australia is a weird place to want to live.
I guess flags are hidden on mobile.
It's too far from everywhere.
No it's not. You can get return flights to Bali for like $200. Return flights to Japan for like $500. It's close to loads of cool places.
It's too expensive.
What are you basing that on? Are you comparing Sydney to a country town? Try comparing London or New York with Melbourne or Sydney and you'll see that comparatively it is cheap.
There aren't prestigious companies there.
BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Atlassian?
It's too damn hot.
Do you understand that Australia is nearly the size of the U.S. and has the same variety of climates? In Tasmania it is temperate, in the summer it averages between 62 and 73 Fahrenheit. In Sydney the average maximum in summer is 78.8. In Melbourne the hottest month, January, is an average 70 Fahrenheit. Pretty pleasant right? Is that really too hot for you?
The internet sucks.
How can you say the internet sucks over an entire continent? Most people I know get over 100Mbps.
The seasons are backward.
No, in actual fact the seasons are perfect. Why? It is Christmas in summer. That means you can spend your long school holidays of the year with your family or doing something interesting. It also means you can enjoy yourself. Want to spend Christmas at the beach? Fine. Want to see several different families over the Christmas holidays? Sure, plenty of time you've got two months! Why would you want to spend a joyful time stuck in your house because it is to cold to go outside? How is that a good way to spend a holiday? Plus, school years actually line up with calendar years. Now you can say "I was in year 12 in 2005" and not wonder if it's the first half or second half.
It's too far from everyone else time zone wise.
Everyone else who? We are close to Asia, and America and Europe are nearly as far apart as Europe and Australia time wise.
It's too expensive for anyone to come visit you.
They will only need a one way flight when they realise how nice it is here.
Don't forget, everything is trying to kill you.
That's a stupid stereotype which we love to make fun of tourists for. It isn't even true. The worst animal you can come across in the city (redback spider) doesn't even kill people, just hurts a bit. Remember we don't have bears or wolves or any other scary carnivore here. If anything, Europe/America has scarier wildlife than we have.
The US and Europe are much better. I only know one person who moved to Australia, and they only plan on being there temporarily.
In America you can get shot just minding your own business and if you get sick you could go bankrupt. Europe I don't mind too much but I wouldn't say it is "much better". I was going to say I'd miss the beaches but there's good beaches in Greece or Spain, say.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like he has, lol. And Australian people who are natives there fucking HATE outsiders.
Mmm we don't. What are you basing that on? Like I said, pretty much everyone I know is a 1st or 2nd generation immigrant.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Quantumcat I should've said this sooner, but it might be a good idea to move this one to a pm or new thread if he responds. This thread has kinda gotten off topic. This is the switch section after all, not general discussion.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
@Quantumcat I should've said this sooner, but it might be a good idea to move this one to a pm or new thread if he responds. This thread has kinda gotten off topic. This is the switch section after all, not general discussion.
You're right, sorry

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i sory didnt want anyont to derail thread over me, but it hapens cause i always gets attacked for varios reasonings :/
I wouldn't worry about it, it's just some people are a little small-minded and ignorant of the fact we live in very rich and cultured world. It's been a bit of a trend lately to see that as something negative rather than the positive it really is.

Reactions: Essem and Xathya

Essem

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essem.space
XP
Country
United States
isnt that what they usually are? >.>
No, here's an example of, say, a DS flashcart:
FJ9F04GFR0ZHWLV.MEDIUM.jpg

And here's a microSD adapter:
71DDK-mxfUL._SY450_.jpg

Since the Switch uses cartridges similar to SD cards, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to modify one of these to be a flashcart.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet it would have to work similar to Sky3DS in the fact that you'd have to use Win32 disk imager to flash a single game to the microSD card for the "flash cart". (Mostly due to Switch games being just a NAND chip with gold pads, and a lack of circuitry space)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably. It's often easier to emulate a cartridge than it is to find a kernel (in this case TrustZone) exploit, and a properly made cartridge emulator would be unpatchable. Even if we do get CFW or at the very least piracy, it'll only be on certain firmware versions at first so there's still incentive for someone to create a Sky3DS-like flashcart for the Switch.
But it might take a kernel exploit before people are able to reverse engineer the cartridge communication enough to make a flashcart.

It probably won't have any features besides playing games. That would take a kernel exploit and at that point we end up with another Gateway that nobody will want once CFW is out.
That's a rumor. Gateway are working on Stargate 3DS (and that's not a rumor, it was confirmed by the contact details and whois info matching Gateway's) and I don't think their team is big enough to be working on 2 flashcarts at the same time. They may be looking into it but it'll still be years before they come up with anything usable. And by looking into it I mean they may be trying to find vulnerabilities but I doubt they have anything yet.

Two things are confirming that the Stargate 3DS fashcard is comming from the same "TEAM":

1. Red Fingernails :teach:
2. Some resselellers links are redirecting to the Gateway 3DS flashcard (example: Stargate Official page > Resselers > click on "go-spiel.com")

But one thing is not answered, will they abandon the Gateway 3DS aka GETAWAY or will they deliver the so long promised "BIG" update ???

EDIT: hah almost forgot....

3. They already have problems with "sooning" :rofl2:

Last edited by deSSy2724,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Two things are confirming that the Stargate 3DS fashcard is comming from the same "TEAM":

1. Red Fingernails :teach:
2. Some resselellers links are redirecting to the Gateway 3DS flashcard (example: Stargate Official page > Resselers > click on "go-spiel.com")

But one thing is not answered, will they abandon the Gateway 3DS aka GETAWAY or will they deliver the so long promised "BIG" update ???

EDIT: hah almost forgot....

3. They already have problems with "sooning" :rofl2:
You forgot the 3rd thing, the domain is registered under the same person.
And did you really need to bump the thread just to say this?

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You basically created a thread with question as the title, and the first post was just you explaining that you think there will be a flashcart and why.

10/10 thread quality

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to bet it would have to work similar to Sky3DS in the fact that you'd have to use Win32 disk imager to flash a single game to the microSD card for the "flash cart". (Mostly due to Switch games being just a NAND chip with gold pads, and a lack of circuitry space)
Wouldn't it be easy as all heck to use one of those dumps to flash it onto a chip and play it? Or is there something preventing that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT