Will Smith assaults Chris Rock at the Oscars

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That reminds me of his acting in After Earth, which was not his best suit being serious. Not saying he can't do emotion at a time when needed, but being too serious does not feel like its his strong suit in acting.

Also him as Neo would have been a weird but not far out concept. Might have been a harder pill to swallow than Keanu but not impossible to see done. I mean hell we almost got Nic Cage as Superman in the same decade, It could have worked even if weird. I would have loved to see what these alternate outcomes would have looked like if they did come to fruition.
Yeah. I think we kind of know what to expect when we imagine how Will would perform in a role, and I kind of like that about him. My point is that a good actor would surprise us and compel us into a place we've never been.

I have trouble imagining Will as Neo though. I think I would have been less blown away by the philosophic undertones and more "yeah Will is a cool". I think I do prefer Keanu, but we can't really know.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? None of the MIB Trilogy, Wild Wild West, Bad Boys or even The Fresh Prince? To each their own then I suppose.

Enemy of the State is still one of my top favorite movies, that much I will say.

Yes. I'm completely serious. I don't like Fresh Prince, MiB, Bad Boys, Enemy of the State, Independence Day, I Robot, I Am Legend, etc. Notta. I think he's a horrible actor. Have never seen the appeal at all.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I meant why don't they just give him another award for the performance he made at the award ceremony instead of banning him. I was being irreverent.
It's been a long day and the meaning of your comment woooshed right over my head lol. It is kind of funny to me that a 10 year ban affects Smith in absolutely no way as I very much doubt he will would have ever attended the Oscars ceremony again anyway. Its kind of a no punishment punishment.

Reactions: tabzer

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look likes Will Smith cast as any characters will not appear on upcoming new movies (maybe replaced with other actors) very soon.... :unsure:
Id highly doubt that. His actions are of minimal results/consequences. Usually those who get replaced/recasted in roles are those who are usually convicted of Sexual assault, which is a whole other thing entirely. Having a hair trigger for anger is not going to ruin your career. Otherwise people like Christian Bale would have had their careers end ages ago lol.

Reactions: AsPika2219

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
d0h6inUJP7usKgrcHjLi8e7eYLox_9JGr_aleGaFbFo.png

• Haha
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum