Will Skylanders giants work on Swapforce??

Can you interchange Skylanders Giants and Swapforce?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

subplay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, does anyone know the answer to the question.. I just cannot seem to find the answer anywhere and if there not interchangeable we have spent a fortune collecting characters that cannot be used..

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.skylanders.com/characters#fire/swapforce

No, Giants won't work. Swapforce, Lightcore, Series 2, and Series 3 will work. I know very little about this game (despite selling it every fucking day...) but the official Skylanders website (linked) has a breakdown for what games support what character series.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All current figures and magical items will work on swapforce. The only things that don't work on swapforce are the old level packs and the old portals.

For proof you can use giants in swapforce, skip to around 4:35 in this video where they use Crusher:

Going backward in games is where you have problems - new characters won't work in previous games.

Reactions: dwb9127

dwb9127

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swap Force is the same as Giants was to Spyro's Adventure. All of the characters from the previous game are forward compatible to the new game. All Spyro's Adventure characters can be used in both Giants and Swap Force and all Giants characters can be used in Swap Force. Any new characters introduced in a newer game are not backward compatible with the old game because they were not written into the code of the old game. If you pick up a Series 2 or 3 of a character or a special edition like Legendary or Light Core they are backward compatible to the old game even if the box says they are not but will play in the old game like the original character.

In Swap Force all the previous magic items work as well but portals don't take you to those adventures any longer, they play as new weapons in the new game instead.

dwb9127

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All current figures and magical items will work on swapforce. The only things that don't work on swapforce are the old level packs and the old portals.

For proof you can use giants in swapforce, skip to around 4:35 in this video where they use Crusher:

Going backward in games is where you have problems - new characters won't work in previous games.

The old level packs and portals serve a purpose, they don't play as the same adventure like the Spyro's Adventure ones did in Giants but instead are weapons. Dragon's Peak drops fire on the minions etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun