Will not udating block games too?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by N1nt3nd0gam3r, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2009
  1. N1nt3nd0gam3r
    OP

Banned N1nt3nd0gam3r Banned

United States
    Ok so everyone using a flashcart knows that updating your DSi will probably block your flashcart. But could it block new games that come out too? [DSi & DS]? And could and will companies release new firmware for their flashcarts to get around the update like AKAIO?

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Why would Nintendo block games for the NDS? And yes other flashcart producers plan to make updateable kernel flashcarts.

3. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    I don't think they block it like flash cards, more they require you to update like on the Wii - but I guess that will only occur to DSi games, not standard DS games.

4. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    DO YOU EVEN HAVE A BRAIN!?

Why in Gods name would Nintendo block you from playing games you've paid for? How are they going to check your not updated? When playing DS games, you're DSi is in normal DS mode. There's no way for the DSi to stop you. The only thing they can stop you from using is the DS Shop, because that checks if you're on the latest versions. DS games do not.

Stop making stupid posts in an attempt to up your post count. Me and many others are getting a little sick of you now.

5. N1nt3nd0gam3r
    OP

Banned N1nt3nd0gam3r Banned

United States
    **** u shattered **** im jot trying to up the posts on my account u ****er im asking questions because im curious u cock sucker.

6. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Oh man, oh man! I'm so hurt because N1nt3nd0gam3r attempted to insult me. If you were asking genuine questions, then that's perfectly fine. But all you've done is ask questions that have been answered 100 times, and some of the most obvious questions ever. For example, this one.

At this rate, you're going to get yourself banned. I sugest you get an IM buddy, who knows simple computer stuff, to ask these questions to. Heck, you could even PM GBAtemp members asking these simple questions. You just need to think before you start posting away.

I don't even know why I'm trying to be nice to you after that comment though... So, um... Yeah. [​IMG]

As for flash cards upgrading to get around theoretical blocks with future DSi firmware updates, some cards will offer updates, some wont. But it'll be a little more complex that just simply dragging and dropping a file onto your Micro SD. Just incase anyone wanted to know.

And it's possible some DSi exlusive games may require you to update (similar to PS3), but no one knows yet. Only time will tell.

7. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    And this is done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.