ROM Hack Will it be possible to port/convert N64 games to DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pimpmynintendo said:
Was I one of the few people who actually noticed that the person said port and not emulate?
You cannot port a game without the sourcecodes. Because of that the only way to play these games would be through emulation and that's not possible with the DS's hardware.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
Was I one of the few people who actually noticed that the person said port and not emulate?
You cannot port a game without the sourcecodes. Because of that the only way to play these games would be through emulation and that's not possible with the DS's hardware.

I was just saying because he/she did not specify if he meant the developers themselver(which has already been done before and he/she might not have noticed) or by oneself.

ysdk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
So many times I've seen these kinds of threads.... IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN, PEOPLE!

As much as I hate to say it, the ds is far to weak. SM64 was a port, which means it was modified so that it will work with the ds's hardware.

Why can't somebody make a converter where you can change the vital controlls for the n64: such as Analog-pad, a-to-a, b-b, y-y, x-x, L-L, R-R, start-start, and Z-select (just drop the pad)? What we need is a compressor and a controll converter.
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif
lose gba! lol
rolleyes.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ysdk said:
ojsinnerz said:
So many times I've seen these kinds of threads.... IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN, PEOPLE!

As much as I hate to say it, the ds is far to weak. SM64 was a port, which means it was modified so that it will work with the ds's hardware.

Why can't somebody make a converter where you can change the vital controlls for the n64: such as Analog-pad, a-to-a, b-b, y-y, x-x, L-L, R-R, start-start, and Z-select (just drop the pad)? What we need is a compressor and a controll converter.
yaynds.gif
hate2.gif
lose gba! lol
rolleyes.gif
Nice 2 year bump for a worthless comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.