ROM Hack Will dumping my own NSP from cartridge "flag" the cartridge??

Josshy0125

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want to dump my BOTW game for mods, from my hacked switch, via its cartridge, and then I want to continue putting my cartridge into my non-hacked switch, and playing it normally on there.

Will this somehow "flag" my cartridge and ban my legit switch?

Thanks!

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the only possible downside is if you use the dump and the cart at the same time on two different switches.
(offline play might be ok for this though)

It's a similar situation to the 3ds carts, if the unique header from one game is being used in two different instances at the same time, then it would be blatant that one of you was being a dirty pirate.
Like if you dumped your games, then sold them and played the dumps online.

I'm not 100% sure though, but from my experince with 3ds, and the fact that there is unique info in each switch cart, I imagine it'll be a pretty similar situation.

So assuming you aren't going online on the dumped nsp (which, Ninty server connection = ban isn't pretty much all cases in the first place) then yeah you "should" be fine.

If the games are not both going online at the same time, especially not the dump on the hacked unit, then I don't see how there can be a problem. (I know botw isn't really online, but just play it safe)

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the only possible downside is if you use the dump and the cart at the same time on two different switches.
(offline play might be ok for this though)

It's a similar situation to the 3ds carts, if the unique header from one game is being used in two different instances at the same time, then it would be blatant that one of you was being a dirty pirate.
Like if you dumped your games, then sold them and played the dumps online.

I'm not 100% sure though, but from my experince with 3ds, and the fact that there is unique info in each switch cart, I imagine it'll be a pretty similar situation.

So assuming you aren't going online on the dumped nsp (which, Ninty server connection = ban isn't pretty much all cases in the first place) then yeah you "should" be fine.

If the games are not both going online at the same time, especially not the dump on the hacked unit, then I don't see how there can be a problem. (I know botw isn't really online, but just play it safe)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.