Hacking Will 3DS 11.6 be able to install CFW easier in the future?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am going to be honest with you, it's already pretty damn easy. Buy an R4i Gold, grab a magnet from your fridge, system is hacked. In the 2 years that I've been part of the 3DS scene, I don't think I've ever had it this easy.
That being said, there will be kernel exploits released eventually, which will make matters easier. Although I still suggest spending money on an R4i Gold. Easy method, easy DS ROMs, easy life.

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why do people update and then ask this question?
Bare with me for moment, but I think it's only after they update that they end up finding our site. Why? Illuminati of course.
(I actually don't have a serious answer because I've been asking the same question for years now.)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well like others said, there will be Lasthax but it won't be released until the EOL anyway. So yeah your best bet is just to get a flashcard or wait at least two more years, the N2DS just came out in July. I highly doubt the EOL is around the corner; people would be pissed if they just bought a console that was just released and support was dropped before their warranty was even up lol.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I still remember how excited I was when I didn't have to hold a button to coldboot menuhacks with V2.... Lol. Nothing was more satisfying than seeing that glitched screen happen automagically. Sometimes I miss that RXTools splash screen....

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's already easy enough. You probably weren't around in the BrowserHax, MenuHax days, that was way more complicated or glitchy.
And don’t even get me started on the unstable downgraders. “Half way through installing your system’s CIAs? Fuck it, I’m crashing!”

Reactions: Setta and dpad_5678

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Menuhax with rxtools was nice. Always when menuhax was loading, i was scared if the hack would be stop at the yellow color screen

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn it yeah that was after my time. I started in <9.2 times when menuhax was already a thing. While it was quite stable it was nowhere near as comfortable as a9lh or b9s is today.
No really the amount of work the amazing devs have put into such a great console is insane. Kudos to ALL of them.

And here we have OP bitching that his 3DS can't be CFW'd for free. Let me guess: you were on <=11.3 and about to install CFW, but your little brother, cousin, etc updated your system, and thus you're entitled to a free private exploit.

Reactions: Quantumcat

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menuhax with rxtools was nice. Always when menuhax was loading, i was scared if the hack would be stop at the yellow color screen
Before I finally installed B9S, I had Menuhax+rxTools as well with a 95% bootrate and ~30 second bootup time. Was pretty happy with that.

After I installed B9S, and saw how fast the Luma configuration booted up while holding SELECT, I was fucking amazed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging