OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

I was feeling like running around in big long duster coats and shooting people with my revolver(s).

But i lack the games..

Are there any good wild western games?
Is there any good Wild Western Game with Multiplayer?

I've played Call of Juarez 2 on the Xbox 360, a perfect game, perfect multiplayer.
But i dont have that game anymore, cuz i rented it and he wanted it back.

preferably for the PC, but XBOX will do fine too.

BTW: No Red Dead Redemption, it doesnt deserve being wild western since it is more of a GTA game.

Tnxies

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Gun is awesome, just play it if you haven't. Its a few years old but still a great game.

edit: but if its multiplayer you care about just go for Lead and Gold.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
westarrr said:
Hey,

I was feeling like running around in big long duster coats and shooting people with my revolver(s).

But i lack the games..

Are there any good wild western games?
Is there any good Wild Western Game with Multiplayer?

I've played Call of Juarez 2 on the Xbox 360, a perfect game, perfect multiplayer.
But i dont have that game anymore, cuz i rented it and he wanted it back.

preferably for the PC, but XBOX will do fine too.

BTW: No Red Dead Redemption, it doesnt deserve being wild western since it is more of a GTA game.

Tnxies
Lol, RDR is a great western game. No, it's not GTA in the west. It has similarities I'll give it that, but the story is great, and it has a good karma system. Dunno why people say that when they obviously haven't picked it up.

westarrr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Argentum Vir said:
Dunno why people say that when they obviously haven't picked it up.

But i did and i thought so...

And it hardly has gameplay..
After beating the game you can hardly do a thing,
because the singleplayer is all done, and the multiplayer is bad

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
westarrr said:
Argentum Vir said:
Dunno why people say that when they obviously haven't picked it up.

But i did and i thought so...

And it hardly has gameplay..
After beating the game you can hardly do a thing,
because the singleplayer is all done, and the multiplayer is bad
Red Dead Revolver >>>>> Red Dead Redemption

westarrr

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
They really should make more Wild Western games..

Btw, you guys really gotta try Call of Juarez.
Mainly console, because the MP is dead on the PC and not on xbox and PS(so i heard)

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gun is by far, hands down, the best western game I've played.
I only played the single player btw.
But I enjoyed every second of it, there are both xbox and xbox360 versions.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gun is a good western, but very, terribly short. With no extra features really, and not much incentive to play post-story, it is really only good for the replay every now and again.

Red Dead Redemption is actually an excellent western game. It feels little like GTA to me. Primarily because I could actually play RDR and not want to put the game down five minutes later because it felt like I had played it all before as a white guy, a black guy, a Russian, etc. It has many great themes, the story is incredible, and post-story in nearly every game is drab. Very few games offer up lots of incentive to play post-story, so I find that to be a poor way to judge a game.

The multiplayer isn't incredible, but it is fun to play when you think you have gotten all there is to get out of the game. I've played a fair bit of multiplayer and did enjoy it. The extra packs out there expand it to the point that it's like a whole separate game, just with actual people to interact with.

Just sayin', there's a reason Red Dead Redemption is considered as good as it is.

It's been years since I've played Red Dead Revolver, but that was an incredible game from what I can remember. It will feel kind of old school compared to newer westerns, but it is very enjoyable.

For the most part though, there isn't a lot out there really worth playing.

luisrodl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well although is a different genre you could try Wild Arms 3 or 5 for the PS2. All of the Wild Arms games are pseudo westerns RPGs but 3 and 5 are the best (in my opinion).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't see how you can call RDR to not be part of the genre. It's a western feeling game in every sense of the word. Characters, story, and just the shit you do in game is just rather western. Although the game is kinda has a theme of being the end of the Wild West (seeing as it's 1911 and new technology and expanding government is taking over the old west).

Definitely worth every cent regardless of what you think of it. Once you get into a good shootout (especially in multiplayer), you'll probably double back on that "it's not that much of a Western" game. Single player is easily 30-40 hours, multiplayer is definitely worth it too. And Undead Nightmare is pretty damn long too, I'm a couple of hours in (just got to Mexico) and I still have no clue how much I have left.

Also heard good things about previous Red Dead games. And it may be a little strange but Red Steel 2 is kinda Western. Well it's like Cyber Western with Ninjas. Still has an excellent art direction, gorgeous graphics (even if the Wii isn't a powerhouse compared to its HD competitors it still can do cell-shading damn well) and the gameplay is tons of fun (WM+ swordplay is nice).

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm a big fan of these games but the only real Western game I've played is Gun. Wonderful game.
I really hope Rockstar brings RDR to the PC though, I'm going to love that game....

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gun.
Really fun.

Dunno why you don't consider RDR to be wild west. It certainly is a reskinned GTA, down the the bland pathetically simple story, 1 dimensional characters, and not a whole hell of a lot to actually do besides the main story. But regardless, it's about the best wild west game you can find currently.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Sgt. Grumbles said:
oregon trail

Hah!

i have played Lead and Gold and it just feels like a much slower TF2 ripoff rather than a western. It's a bit of a stretch, but you may want to try Red Steel 2 for the Wii. other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass