dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
is there any way to play the wiiware games for free? I've seen some wiiware for free download on some sites that got me thinking...

I have 4,2E PAL wii if that matters.
if there IS indeed something I can do to play them, will that mess up my wii in any way?(I'm talking about potential bricks)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
installing a bad wad can brick u, downloading any wad from warez sites always carries some risk

as long as u have brick protection in place like bootmii and priiloader u will be fine

u can play these games using Triiforce instead of installing them as channels if u want

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
whaaatt?? You can play wiiware for free?
ohmy.gif

No be serious, yes you can
smile.gif

Wad Manager is your friend, but remember to check up on good releases or use Triiforce

calvin_54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u can use Triiforce to load wiiware...Im sure they will have something on it or on wiihacks but its unlikely that you will brick your wii unless you do something wrong

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
XFlak said:
installing a bad wad can brick u, downloading any wad from warez sites always carries some risk
I'd like to give this some more context:

Installing a bad wad to your wii's nand can brick you.

Triiforce and uloader can play most wiiware from an emulated nand just fine. Installing a wad to an emulated nand (using either showmiiwads or uloader*) doesn't change your actual nand, so the chances of it bricking are rather slim.

And of course, using sneek is also a way to prevent real bricks from happening (at worst, you're "bricking" your emulated NAND).

*wad manager also has a function to install to an emulated nand...I can't say how well it works, though.

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd strongly urge you to buy WiiWare games. A great deal of them are from independant developers who need the cash. And they're cheap enough for anyone to afford.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
bytor said:
I'd strongly urge you to buy WiiWare games. A great deal of them are from independant developers who need the cash. And they're cheap enough for anyone to afford.

And most of them SUCK!

Try before buy!

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
bytor said:

And most of them SUCK!

Try before buy!
+1
and even the good ones are tiny mini-games. search "wad pack wii" on google and get some torrents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom