Homebrew Wiiware / VC ISO Forwarders made easy

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
VashTS said:
I used v3.0 to make all my iso forwarders and it worked great. I just recently formatted and i installed 3.2 and it still works fine, but it does not create any triiforwarders. i just tried to load a new iso i created and it blackscreened.

im using 4.1u, cios38rev17, hermes v4 222/223 v5 224 and cfg usb loader and using NTFS for loading ISOs. all i need is some triiforwarders so this will work. any chance you still got a link to 3.0? or if you can correct what im doing wrong, then i will gladly take your advice. thanks.

and i just double checked the emulated nand works fine. all the isos i just installed should be able to find the wad on the emulated nand. tested using triiforce mrcv9 and v10b

From v3.0 Wad2ISO no longer produces a 'triiforwarder' for each title.

This was a complete waste of space, considering the only difference between each of the supposedly different 'triiforwarders', is the 4 bytes containing the ID of the title to launch.

What v3.0 and upwards does instead, is passes the id of the game (along with any other triiforce option that you choose) to a single loader.
yay.gif

It also means that you can now use all options that are available in Triiforce, Ocarina, real nand etc when you play your titles via an ISO forwarder

This saves storage space and also means that, to upgrade the loader, it's only necessary to replace 1 file.

The loader is a modified version of Triiforce beta 8 rev 78 (the latest stable version of Triiforce).

After using Wad2ISO, you will notice a folder called 'NandGames' has been created.

Copy the NandGames folder and Loader.dol that it contains, to the root of your usb drive or SD card, then the ISO forwarders will work

Note that you only have to copy this across once, as all future ISO forwarders will use the same, single loader
smile.gif

nate1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant get this program to make covers i load the template png then it creates only a 3d box art then i run some wads and no covers are made what is the deal? or is there something im doing wrong sorry to be a bother

EDIT

I have tryed on the following

windows 7 64bit
xp mode
windows xp 32bit

64bit isnt working very well at all
the xp modes will make the iso but not any covers

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nate1579 said:
i cant get this program to make covers i load the template png then it creates only a 3d box art then i run some wads and no covers are made what is the deal? or is there something im doing wrong sorry to be a bother

EDIT

I have tryed on the following

windows 7 64bit
xp mode
windows xp 32bit

64bit isnt working very well at all
the xp modes will make the iso but not any covers

Wad2ISO doesn't make covers.

If you already have a full cover (or a 2D cover), it will use that existing cover to generate the other two.

There are other programs available for creating covers - the purpose of Wad2ISO is to create ISO forwarders from Wad files.

I added the covers bit after realizing that, whilst it is pretty easy to use a template and add a picture to make a full / 2D cover, the 3D one is a bit trickier
wink.gif

So the covers part is to take care of the hassle of making a 3D cover for you and the template is to give you a starting point if you find there is no cover available for download

If the covers option just isn't working at all, maybe you don't have the support files installed (check the 1st post for details)

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Tristar I just wanted to let you know that maybe wad2iso maybe has a bug. This is just from testing, using triiforce (forget which rev) bit trip runner only works me using real nand + apploader. But using wad2iso with the exact same settings (and it's not like I'm making them wrong I have plenty of wiiware forwarders on my hdd) it code dumps and won't start. I checked like everything I could before posting here, unlike some people lol I had my ios53 unpatched at first (it's what it uses) then I tried a patched ios53 etc etc. But basically it works from within triiforce no problem, but not using a forwarder with the exact same settings.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kyle007 said:
Hey Tristar I just wanted to let you know that maybe wad2iso maybe has a bug. This is just from testing, using triiforce (forget which rev) bit trip runner only works me using real nand + apploader. But using wad2iso with the exact same settings (and it's not like I'm making them wrong I have plenty of wiiware forwarders on my hdd) it code dumps and won't start. I checked like everything I could before posting here, unlike some people lol I had my ios53 unpatched at first (it's what it uses) then I tried a patched ios53 etc etc. But basically it works from within triiforce no problem, but not using a forwarder with the exact same settings.

Wad2ISO simply passes to triiforce.dol rev78 the same information as you would if using it manually, nothing more than that.
wink.gif

If you rename loader.dol (in the NandGames folder) to boot.dol and load it via HBC, you will see that it is indeed triiforce.dol rev78
smile.gif

(The same is not true in reverse - renaming Triiforce.dol obtained from another source to loader.dol will not work with these forwarders)

Passing in-line arguments to Triiforce.dol does not alter the game compatibility in any way.

My guess is that the version of triiforce you are using is not rev78 and therefore game compatibility is different.

As stated in earlier posts, higher builds that I have tried are not very stable at all, and that is why I have used rev78 because it is the most stable of the later builds.

Wad2ISO works as it should and correctly passes gameID and any options you have selected to triiforce rev78.

As far as I know, Triiforce loads the title the same (regardless of whether the info was passed in-line or manually) - if not you may have found a bug with Triiforce and should pass that information to the Triiforce devs, as I have nothing to do with the development of Triiforce
yaywii.gif

/EDIT As an afterthought, you could copy loader.dol to apps/triiforce/boot.dol and load it from HBC to see if this rev will load that title manually - if it does, then you have found a bug with Triiforce. If is doesn't then you have found a difference in game compatibility between the two revs.

If the later rev doesn't load a title that an earlier rev will, it might be possible to mod the earlier version, to replace your current loader.dol (in which case you might find that the earlier rev does not load titles that the later one does )
wink.gif

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool thanks Tristar
smile.gif
I'll check which rev. I'm using, just seemed odd and it could be a bug in the way triiforce handles those requests, but definitely not a compatibility issue with the game on a different rev. Because afaik real nand + apploader loads it as the system menu does, so theoretically unless your ios was out of date and the game needed a newer one, then real + apploader should always have 100% compatibility (as long as it can run from your system menu that is) I'll keep at it though, I'll rename loader.dol and if it works from the hbc I guess i'll have to stop over in the triiforce thread
yaywii.gif

edit: also I only get a code dump when using real nand + apploader, using normal + usb or normal + real just results in the game not working, it gets to the hold the wiimote sideways then black screens, so I assume it's just incompatible using the normal boot (whick afaik all it does is loads the dol directly to skip an ios reload to have nand emulation still intact)

edit 2: Also just thought I'd mention I had a weird occurence that could maybe be my problem, I'll try reinstalling wad2iso, but basically the loader.dol that i had on my hdd was 3xxKb and when I was thinking of solutions, I tried copying over the loader.dol again from NandGames on my computer and it was 670Kb, whats the correct size supposed to be? I assume it doesn't fluctuate since you said it only needs to be copied over once

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm about to test now so we'll see, I was using rev75, but what makes no sense and I assumed wouldn't be an issue, why would they change how they handle real nand +apploader? it loads it as if it's the system menu so I don't see why they would change that, anyways I'm about to test now and I'll let you know. But i assume you have that grin for a reason lol

edit: If it's an issue with r78 I hope necessary changes are easy to make to r75 lol

edit 2: Alright Tristar you hit the nail on the head lol renaming Loader.dol to boot.dol and trying to load it using real nand + apploader results in a black screen. Where as it works fine with r75

edit 3: (man i hate editing posts) I'm about to go test with triiforce r78 without whatever changes you made to it, it probably won't work still but I figure its worth a try just to eliminate everything. Well a clean r78 works using real nand + apploader (as I said it'd make no sense if it wouldn't it loads it like the system menu does) but using your modified r78 it black screens on boot

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kyle007 said:
Well I'm about to test now so we'll see, I was using rev75, but what makes no sense and I assumed wouldn't be an issue, why would they change how they handle real nand +apploader? it loads it as if it's the system menu so I don't see why they would change that, anyways I'm about to test now and I'll let you know. But i assume you have that grin for a reason lol

edit: If it's an issue with r78 I hope necessary changes are easy to make to r75 lol

edit 2: Alright Tristar you hit the nail on the head lol renaming Loader.dol to boot.dol and trying to load it using real nand + apploader results in a black screen. Where as it works fine with r75

edit 3: (man i hate editing posts) I'm about to go test with triiforce r78 without whatever changes you made to it, it probably won't work still but I figure its worth a try just to eliminate everything. Well a clean r78 works using real nand + apploader (as I said it'd make no sense if it wouldn't it loads it like the system menu does) but using your modified r78 it black screens on boot

No need to look any further into Wad2ISO or Triiforce causing your problem
wink.gif

I have just installed the game to real nand and it runs fine when launched via Triiforce.dol, loader.dol or with the forwarder created with Wad2ISO (all of them select real nand and normal boot)

So it appears that your problem is something to do with your IOS setup

or

Maybe the wadfile you used has a bug in it? - bad dump? etc. or is it possible that you simply forgot to apply the settings to your forwarder you chose in Wad2ISO by clicking 1 of the buttons? (I've done that once or twice myself)
smile.gif

/EDIT - I tried it in emu nand and it blackscreens as you describe. If you have this title installed to real nand and emu nand, then it sounds like your ISO forwarder is pointing to emu nand (that's good - easy to fix by doing another forwarder)

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity Tristar, which rev of 249 do you have installed to 249? (I currently have r19 in 250 and r17 in 249) because using normal boot black screens for me, I HAVE to use the apploader method, maybe I'll try re-installing Wad2Iso again and delete the loader.dol I have on my hdd. Just curious if MAYBE thats the problem when choosing real nand? I doubt it but I'll try (the fact that I have loader.dol on my hdd instead of my sd card) Alright off to do some more testing I suppose haha.Thanks Tristar

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kyle007 said:
Out of curiosity Tristar, which rev of 249 do you have installed to 249? (I currently have r19 in 250 and r17 in 249) because using normal boot black screens for me, I HAVE to use the apploader method, maybe I'll try re-installing Wad2Iso again and delete the loader.dol I have on my hdd. Just curious if MAYBE thats the problem when choosing real nand? I doubt it but I'll try (the fact that I have loader.dol on my hdd instead of my sd card) Alright off to do some more testing I suppose haha.Thanks Tristar

I have 19 in 250 and 17 in 249

The loader.dol will be the same as mine, but it won't hurt to replace it with a fresh copy.

I am loading all disc based games with 250 and booting all ISO forwarders with 222 mload (v4), I'm sure 223 works too but I'm using 222 - I don't know if v5 makes any difference, I just couldn't be bothered to change from v4 when all all games were working fine
smile.gif

Triiforce is set to use 249.

I tried it with the PAL version of the game but that shouldn't make any difference

NandGames/loader.dol is on USB HDD.

If your setup is the same then the game will work. (If you are using 222 (v5) - try reverting to v4)

tismondo

Trophies
XP
Country
This script is fantastic and I already love everything it has done for me. I do, however, have one bug and one tech support issue.

(1) The bug is that after running this bad boy ("weee! look at it go!") it doesn't load properly the next time I try to start it up. The first time I always see a splash screen followed by a simple "open" dialog. If I run it a second time, I don't see a splash screen, and the program quits after I hit OK on the "open" dialog.

My workaround for this is EACH time I run the program I reinstall it and it works again. It's only a minor inconvenience, but I thought you'd want to look into it. I'm using Windows 7 x64, if that is relevant.

(2) My tech support issue is- I've so far only gotten it to work creating ISOs forwarding to wads in my real NAND. I can't get emulated NAND forwarders to work. They all load fine in triiforce with no problems, so I know it's not a triiforce problem.

I've got cIOS rev 17 in both 249 and 250 (I can't figure out how to get 17 in 249 and and 19 in 250 like you have) and I've got Hermes 222 rev 4.

Should I be using very specific settings for the nand emulation ISOs?

Thank you for your wonderful program - as I said it has already saved me boatloads of time!

TheSuperyoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there,

I just wanted to make ISOs for all my WiiWare games - but if I start the process, CustomizeMii opens and a file browse dialog opens... but then nothing happens anymore.

I'm using Vista (hey, that may be the problem). If it helps, my screen resolution is 1152x864.

Video: http://tinypic.com/r/29qmkwg/6

joshwill80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheSuperyoshi said:
Hey there,

I just wanted to make ISOs for all my WiiWare games - but if I start the process, CustomizeMii opens and a file browse dialog opens... but then nothing happens anymore.

I'm using Vista (hey, that may be the problem). If it helps, my screen resolution is 1152x864.

Video: http://tinypic.com/r/29qmkwg/6

I had this problem too. I just ran it again, and second time around it worked.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried this for the first time.

Q - When I go to change options and then I click "Apply to file" nothing happens it just stays at the options screen. I don't see any buttons or menus etc, so what to do ? ...
A - You need to click the X (close) button.
@ the devs - Maybe you should add a button like "Go" or something ?

Q - How would I make an IOS forwarder to a dol with this if It's not a .wad ?
A - ?? I'm still reading up ??
tongue.gif

Q - After I get the .iso can I run it through a wbfs tool to make it smaller ?
A - Yes, using WiiBackupManager works although WiiBackupManager crashes on completion, the .wbfs file still works

The Internet Channel (v512) .... I made a forwarder for that, it works BUT you can't escape ! ! ! EG If you hit the home button, it blocks the home menu, and if you hit the power button on the WiiMote it only turns off the WiiMote, not the Wii. So you need to get off your lazy ass and move OMFG ! ! !
tongue.gif

Is this maybe what IOS is being used to launch the Internet Channel ? It should be IOS 55.

It takes a long time to load some things, is this because it looks at SD, then USB for the "NandGames" folder etc... if so could it be added so you can select only to look at one, maybe speeding up load times ?

btw great idea for an app.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tismondo said:
This script is fantastic and I already love everything it has done for me. I do, however, have one bug and one tech support issue.

(1) The bug is that after running this bad boy ("weee! look at it go!") it doesn't load properly the next time I try to start it up. The first time I always see a splash screen followed by a simple "open" dialog. If I run it a second time, I don't see a splash screen, and the program quits after I hit OK on the "open" dialog.

My workaround for this is EACH time I run the program I reinstall it and it works again. It's only a minor inconvenience, but I thought you'd want to look into it. I'm using Windows 7 x64, if that is relevant.

(2) My tech support issue is- I've so far only gotten it to work creating ISOs forwarding to wads in my real NAND. I can't get emulated NAND forwarders to work. They all load fine in triiforce with no problems, so I know it's not a triiforce problem.

I've got cIOS rev 17 in both 249 and 250 (I can't figure out how to get 17 in 249 and and 19 in 250 like you have) and I've got Hermes 222 rev 4.

Should I be using very specific settings for the nand emulation ISOs?

Thank you for your wonderful program - as I said it has already saved me boatloads of time!

1) I've not been able to reproduce that 'bug' - so can't help you there
tongue.gif

2) Just a guess but, if you are trying to use the same nand emu that you also use for sneek / uneek, it won't work.

This script uses Triiforce (rev 78) so after passing gameID and options it is Triiforce that does the loading

I have no idea if Triiforce behaves differently when receiving parameters in-line as opposed to receiving them manually (I presume not, but the Triiforce devs would have to answer that).

I do have my suspicions about the SD nand emu capabilities of Triiforce when passing in-line parameters and that is why the SD nand has be disabled in the options. When (or if) I find a version that will use SD nand, I will enable that option
wink.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@Slimmmmmm

Yup, you exit the options by clicking the e(X)it in the top right-hand corner. (I couldn't be bothered to move everything around to fit an 'Exit Button' in when that one is already there)

I wrote the script to take the drudgery out of turning wad-files into ISO forwarders, so there is no way to turn anything else into ISO forwarders with Wad2ISO, I'm afraid.

There is no need to 'make' the ISOs smaller as, once they are installed, the 'game' content is nowhere near the ISO size reported by Windows
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Morning