Homebrew Wiiware from USB/ Wad to Iso

bikeking8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(To begin with, yes, I've googled, I've searched forums and I've "read the manuals" for three days now with no relevant results that assisted me.)

My questions:
  1. Are there any other programs besides wad2iso that converts wads to iso files?
  2. Is there a sure fire way to play wiiware files off of a USB hdd?
My situation:

I tried following the guide here to play wiiware from my USB hdd:
http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-g...-play-vc-wiiware-via-iso-forwaders-guide.html

I'm fine up to the point where I have to convert the wads into isos. I've tried wad2iso v 4.6/4.7 as well as wii backup manager for both untouched wiiware wads and wads processed through the ShowMeWads program. What happens is that when I try to do a batch convert (2+ wads), both applications just create duplicates of the last file in queue with differnet filenames.

So when I batch convert these wads:

Game 1.wad
Game 2.wad
Game 3.wad

I get these files:

Game 1.iso
Game 2.iso
Game 3.iso
BUT when I try dropping them on my USB WBFS drive with Wii Backup Manager, Wii Game Manager or anything else it shows up as:
Game 3.iso
Game 3.iso
Game 3.iso
The only way I've found to prevent this is to do 1 file at a time with wad2iso, but the genius who created that program coded it so it pops up a "Finished ISOS" windows explorer folder AND auto-exit. So if i have to do that for all my wads, I'd punch a hole through my car's engine block with my face.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The only way I've found to prevent this is to do 1 file at a time with wad2iso, but the genius who created that program coded it so it pops up a "Finished ISOS" windows explorer folder AND auto-exit. So if i have to do that for all my wads, I'd punch a hole through my car's engine block with my face.
1.this is disrespectful to the program creator
2. You can do a batch of converts with the Wad2iso at a time.

BTW, my humble advice is to do yourself (and your Wii's NAND) a favor, look and set up an EMUNAND on your USB, then you can run all your Wiiware games alongside your Wii and Gamecube games, all on a single loader. Trust me it's totally worth it and you avoid all the forwarder and wad installing in real nand process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-