WiiWare #0604 - Rage of the Gladiator (Europe)

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IGN review

QUOTE said:
Closing Comments
Rage of the Gladiator succeeds at taking the familiar Punch-Out!! formula and placing it in an ancient battle coliseum. If you were disappointed that Punch-Out!! Wii didn't include more new fighters, well, here are 10 new ones to get to know. The production values on display here are impressive, especially for a WiiWare game. Multiple control schemes offer something for both fans of old school and motion controls, the game looks great, and lots of voice acting brings these bosses to life. Keep in mind, though, that the often silly dialogue and voice work will probably appeal mostly to younger gamers. But Rage of the Gladiator is up there with the best that WiiWare has to offer.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A better review, I find IGN to be off with WiiWare reviews:
http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/reviews/20...f_the_gladiator

Its a very good game, it looks great for a WiiWare title (considering the size limit they have to go for) and sound is good too (there is voice work!) which is again impressive considering the size of the file.

If you feel like getting your body moving then motion plus is great but digital controls are good for when you can't be assed. I tried regular motion controls but I couldn't get on with it but that might be because I tried motion plus before it. I For me its something to keep on the SD card.

I may buy it now I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging