Hacking Wiiu questions

milenia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i've had a hacked wii for the longest time and it was awesome. I was just about to sell my wii u, but decided to stop by here and convinced myself to keep it! Basically i am going to attempt to soft mod it for the vWii and play the games on the wii u gamepad! Are you able to use the gamepad controls at all for the wii games? and is using one of the exploited games the only way? If yes, 9$ for lego star wars the complete saga worth it? Thanks for looking and helping.

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you must have an exploit game to softmod it. I recommend renting Smash Bros Brawl and doing the exploit that way. No you can't use the gamepad to control Wii games.. Yet.. But it's still impressive! Don't sell it! Wii games look great on the gamepad and amazing thru the HDMI.

milenia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to get the lego game today, should i update my wii u first then follow the sticky in this forum to soft mod it or should i follow the sticky first then update?

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to get the lego game today, should i update my wii u first then follow the sticky in this forum to soft mod it or should i follow the sticky first then update?

It's been said that it works either way. Either before or after the latest update. It will still be able to be softmodded.

milenia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, i am using usb loader gx on my orignal wii and have a hard drive for that, do i have to reset my hard drive? i believe its in wbfs format, Should i stick with usb loader gx? also is there a forwarder i could use? i remember reading it somewhere in this forum, but dont quite remember. (i dont want to take the chance to brick my wii)

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, i am using usb loader gx on my orignal wii and have a hard drive for that, do i have to reset my hard drive? i believe its in wbfs format, Should i stick with usb loader gx? also is there a forwarder i could use? i remember reading it somewhere in this forum, but dont quite remember. (i dont want to take the chance to brick my wii)

Same USB loader and same hard drive should be fine. But Wii U seems to have issues with particular hard drives, even ones that worked on the Wii original.
There are vWii specific forwarders that will install fine. There is a thread around here somewhere called "Forwarders Are Back!" and it has a list of forwarders you can install on vWii with no problems. Although i can't find that thread for some reason, but just do a little searching and reading around before proceeding.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good choice keeping it IMO. You might have doubts now but in the long-run it will probably be worth it--you might've just ended up buying it again and losing money if you sold it. :)

milenia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
successfully got the vwii working, and got the wad for usbloader gx working XD omg the games look so amazing on the gamepad... its like 10x better than on my regular wii. anything else i should be doing or this about it?

mrbigreddog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
successfully got the vwii working, and got the wad for usbloader gx working XD omg the games look so amazing on the gamepad... its like 10x better than on my regular wii. anything else i should be doing or this about it?

Congrats! Glad it all worked out! That's about it I suppose other than emulators and etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...