wiiu partition convert back to fat32

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jlim0930, Nov 27, 2014.

1. jlim0930
    OP

jlim0930 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    is there anyway to convert wiiu partition back to fat32 or ntfs? if not is there anyway to backup the data before reformating?

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    If I remember correctly, the partition the Wii U sets up is not only a proprietary format by Nintendo but encrypts it specifically to your console. You can reformat it, but there's not any way that I know of for backing up your information outside of using the Wii U and another drive.

3. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    the only way to backup the data is to transfer it to the wiius hdd or an sd card.

4. jlim0930
    OP

jlim0930 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    ouch.. thats going to take a while... do you know of a place that can tell how to do it?

I have another drive and i rather backup the data if possible

5. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    There is no current way to convert wii u drives unless you re format it.
    you could image the entire drive using a program like acronis true image home. then you can restore it to another hdd the same size or larger. i know it works because i have done it with flash drives.
    u can also just do a wii u data copy using the wii u. you can transfer saves/game data to a second hdd.

i use a 128gb flash drive for storage and i use smaller flash drives to back up the larger drive. since i dont download retail games on the e-shop im not using much like 20 gigs i think.

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    if you have an external hdd and sd card plugged in the wiiu will detect both and you should be able to transfer stuff between them. if not put it on the wiiu hdd 1st than over to the sd card. for your extra backup drive i don't know if it will detect more than 1 external hdd at once though i haven't tried.