Hacking wiiu partition convert back to fat32

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, the partition the Wii U sets up is not only a proprietary format by Nintendo but encrypts it specifically to your console. You can reformat it, but there's not any way that I know of for backing up your information outside of using the Wii U and another drive.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no current way to convert wii u drives unless you re format it.
you could image the entire drive using a program like acronis true image home. then you can restore it to another hdd the same size or larger. i know it works because i have done it with flash drives.
u can also just do a wii u data copy using the wii u. you can transfer saves/game data to a second hdd.

i use a 128gb flash drive for storage and i use smaller flash drives to back up the larger drive. since i dont download retail games on the e-shop im not using much like 20 gigs i think.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ouch.. thats going to take a while... do you know of a place that can tell how to do it?
if you have an external hdd and sd card plugged in the wiiu will detect both and you should be able to transfer stuff between them. if not put it on the wiiu hdd 1st than over to the sd card. for your extra backup drive i don't know if it will detect more than 1 external hdd at once though i haven't tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol